If You Could Change History Which Events Would You Change ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
The fat, genocidal, environmental collapse age? Maybe.
I was being sarcastic.

There is no such thing as the so all good old day. . I think if you back in history, you'll find no age age was perfect and the so caed Golden ages we're so Golden.

Last edited:

psikeyhackr

Physics is Phutile, Fiziks is Fundamental
I wonder what people will think of us a thousand years from now.
That assumes there are people.

Can global warming eventually do far more damage than WWII. 2 billion people starving because crops won't grow is so much better than 50 million killed in WWII because it is so much less personal.

Let's bump off Henry Ford for mass producing the automobile.

Amberlen

Zaldrīzes buzdari iksos daor
after some thought any of my serious answers would probably not be allowed. therefore, ill watch with interest and give a light hearted one..id erase the 70s..i think polyester and mens shoes with heels together is black smite upon us. lol

psikeyhackr

Physics is Phutile, Fiziks is Fundamental
after some thought any of my serious answers would probably not be allowed. therefore, ill watch with interest and give a light hearted one..id erase the 70s..i think polyester and mens shoes with heels together is black smite upon us. lol
Erase the 70's! Great Idea! No Star Wars! :LOL:

BigBadBob141

REFpsikeyhackr.
It's strange to think that in 1900 there were more electric cars on the road then internal combustion!
But with lack of range and taking forever to recharge, it's no wonder petrol won out!
The best thing would to have gone for hydrogen instead!!!

sknox

Member and remember
Honestly, I can't think of anything I'd change. Maybe have the White Ship reach shore safely, just to see what happens.

Oh, and I'd go to that Blue Cheer concert. I still can't believe I passed on that. The foolishness of youth.

BAYLOR

In the case of Titanic , Id tell them if thye don't make the following correction disaster wil be the end result. would advise to quality check the rivets and steel hub plating, I would also advise them to put enough lifeboats on the ship for everyone and nevermind boats numbers based on ship tonnage law (which was a step law to begin with) Women and children first regardless of class , and regular lifeboat drills for the passengers and crew. Radio wireless operators should be required to be on call via day and night shifts to best monitor ocean conditions . The watertight compartment should be extended to all the ways thought the hull to the upper deck and sealed. The Ships Rudder should increased in size by at least 1/3 more to allow for better steering and handling. I would tell them to take the word unsinkable out of the travel advertisement and brochure. I advise them not to travel north and thus avoid icebergs.

BAYLOR

I would have told Lord Brabazon not to pursue the building the plane named in his honor The Bristol Brabazon. That aline would end up being a expensive failure and the one model that gets made will get scraped in 1953.

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
In the spirit of the world cup, I'd change the result of Argentina 1978 and make Scotland the winners with Archie Gemmill hailed as the world's greatest ever player (well, I do like a bit of fantasy):D

thaddeus6th

Reading Liddell Hart's History of the Second World War raises one. The original German plan was lost in a downed plane, leading Hitler to utterly rejig his invasion of France, which worked extremely well. The initial idea would've had a much harder time against the British and French forces.

It'd be interesting to see what would've happened both to France and more widely had the original plan gone ahead. Almost certainly better for the French and British initially, but may have made it likelier that Germany and Russia would've stuck together. Or maybe the Iron Curtain would be further west.

Predicting things like that is very tricky. Part of the rapid (military) rise and success of early Islam was because the Eastern Roman Emperor Maurice refused to increase expenditure on sandals. [It caused the army to rebel, inflicting a civil war whilst also causing Byzantine-Persian war because the Persian leader Chosroes owed his throne to Maurice. Both empires were exhausted just as Islam rose, allowing much easier conquests than would've been the case a few decades earlier].