The Force Awakens - Easter Eggs

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
It's 45 minutes, and IMO is well worth it for anyone looking for answers about Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

What was especially good is how they cleared up some outstanding questions from the film, which were apparently caused by scenes being deleted to make the film as short as possible.

And - of course - lots of Easter Eggs. But also some surprising references.

In the meantime, enjoy. :)

Haven't watched it, but I'm assuming the giant yellow arrow pointing to the rock in the background of the screenshot actually is not an easter egg?

Haven't watched it, but I'm assuming the giant yellow arrow pointing to the rock in the background of the screenshot actually is not an easter egg?

It's a fan theory mentioned only very briefly at the end of the video - that Luke Skywalker may have been stood by a grave marker.

I previously ignored the video because the screenshot looks too much like linkbait - but I found it really interesting when I did actually watch it.

I haven't gone through the whole vid, and old news, but my fave Easter has got to be Daniel Craig's strenuously denied cameo as a storm trooper. (The one who Rey uses her Force persuasion on in the interrogation room).

Apparently in the credits, there is a storm trooper called JB-007 played by an innocuous sounding name like John Smith.

I watched this video a while ago, and funnily enough avoided it for similar reasons (clickbait-looking thumbnail). The King Arthur references seem very well-thought-out, and were indeed surprising. I always like easter eggs in any media I consume and try putting my own ones in my own work (references to my other stories). It's something that makes you feel clever when you discover it on your own, and even if you don't, usually proves quite interesting and illuminates the thing, generally giving you a deeper appreciation of it. I'm glad they chose to do some really cool ones here.

But about the theories... :sleep:

I will wait to see what they do with the VIII, but I honestly don't expect anything mind-blowing or complex from this trilogy. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Surely you mean "scenes being deleted to maximise sales of the extended edition Blu-Ray / DVD?"

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens - is available to stream on Amazon Video. The description has the phrase "includes deleted scenes".

So perhaps a few nice surprises to be had on the Blu Ray - not least a better reveal of Leia's arc.