10.03: Mulder And Scully Meet the Were-Monster

Third Episode is absolutely hilarious and the best one so far. I couldn't stop laughing.

Agreed. If anything, my one complaint is that it was too funny - trying too hard - but it was really funny. I generally like the funny X-Files episodes less than a lot of people do, but I had a blast with this one. I completely agreed with Bugg on the first two - "why bother?" - but this one justifies making new ones. I doubt it will be the case but if the remainder can hit this level (presumably in a serious way) then it would turn out to be worth it after all.

Yes, the third episode was very amusing. Still, for me, well short of some of Darin Morgan's earlier episodes, though. Like J-Sun, I felt it was trying a bit too hard, whereas eps like 'Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'' and 'Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose' never seemed that way to me.

I agree that the first two were a bit shaky...and the leads seemed almost to be portraying caricatures of their younger characters (I guess that's natural since they've been away from the roles for a decade).
But I really felt that we had Fox and Dana back with us in the third show. Their rapport was just right (it was so off in the first show). I laughed all the way through; I think this might be a one-off comedy episode. In the last three shows I'd think there must be two that are pure mythology...maybe one more monster-of-the-week? But this most recent episode was the only one of the three I've enjoyed. Gives me a bit of hope that they might end the season with a *bang*. :)

I think they had to address some of the silliness that went on in the original series. Even Mulder was admitting that there was no point on him going super serious any more. Science has cleared a lot of points and he has become wiser with the age. In fact, if you watch previous two episodes you see Mulder being same person there as he is in the third episode, meaning wiser and smarter. So, I'll hope they continue following this track on last three episodes.

Like J-Sun, I felt it was trying a bit too hard[to be funny].
I also thought that, and it seemed out of place after he first two, however it was very funny so I'll forgive. I think we can have one episode in six like this, but I'm looking for something more in the next three remaining.

Excellent episode, and very funny (a lot funnier than many self-described comedy shows).

My heart sank a bit when I heard this was a comedy episode, but like everyone else here, I laughed all the way through- thought it was great!

Loved the Kim manners tribute, but does anyone know the backstory for the 'Scully is immortal' bit?

Loved the Kim manners tribute, but does anyone know the backstory for the 'Scully is immortal' bit?

References given here in the "Immortality" section of this wiki (Right at the end of the article just before the comments) - apparently hinted at at least in 6 episodes (although I'm not sure on the "Monday" one!):

Dana Scully

It was kind of excellent, actually I think I really enjoyed it. I do kind of feel that the first three have made a lot of effort to make the point that this is going to be the old x files again. "don't worry loyal viewers."

The preview for the next one has a nice feel about it though. Reminds me of, name they episode if you can "Mulder, this is gunna blow your mind" really looking forwards to it. Epsode 3 was definatley proper silly x files though. Loved it.

Thinking about this episode.... It wasn't just that it was funny (although it obviously was); much of the time I was watching with a big grin on my face.

This is true, i was a little cheshire cat myself.

After the first three episodes this is the one that I keep thinking about the most
And behind all the humour is a pretty cool idea of a lizard creature that changes into a human too. Thought that was a good spin on the whole werewolf thing

These people just have to get out of my head. I've been toying with the idea of a wolf/monster that turns into a man for a long time, oh well.

Very funny and well written, never descending into whimsicality even once.

Monstrously clever and exceptionally chuckleworthy. An ancient lizardman bitten by a human, thus cursed to become human by day. And the most horrifying part -- he had to get a job! I feel your pain lizard brother. :D