Best and Worst Adaptation(s) of Book(s) To Cinema and Television

It will be intertwine to see how faithful to the book , the upcoming Dune film will be.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a great adaptation of Who Censored Roger Rabbit in that it hardly follows it at all, since it is a pretty awful book.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a great adaptation of Who Censored Roger Rabbit in that it hardly follows it at all, since it is a pretty awful book.

I had no idea it was based on an actual novel.

Re: Roger Rabbit
It was considered for adaptation into a movie for a few years, but it focused on comic strip characters, not cartoon film. The author did a sequel and changed it so it followed the movie universe instead (Roger Rabbit dies in the book). There's no Judge Doom, no Dip, and it is set in modern times.

Re: Roger Rabbit
It was considered for adaptation into a movie for a few years, but it focused on comic strip characters, not cartoon film. The author did a sequel and changed it so it followed the movie universe instead (Roger Rabbit dies in the book). There's no Judge Doom, no Dip, and it is set in modern times.

I not sure but I think there was talk about another Roger Rabbit film?

I'm enjoying the TV adaptation of The Expanse. I was lukewarm on Leviathan Wakes, but think the show solves a lot of the issues I had with the book. I have heard that the later books are really good, but I haven't read them, so I can't judge in comparison to the show. I'll probably read them after finishing S2 of the series, though.

The series is still going strong.

World War Z: The Book: Detailed and in-depth mockumentary of the world after an undead plague ravages the Earth, along with interesting accounts of the people involved across the globe.

World War Z: The Movie: Brad Pitt drinks Pepsi and watches corpses do parkcore workouts.

Last edited:
World War Z: The Book: Detailed and in-depth mockumentary of the world after an undead plague ravages the Earth, along with interesting accounts of the people involved across the globe.

World War Z: The Movie: Brad Pitt drinks Pepsi and watches corpses do parkcore workouts.

They dumbed it down and changed it into the movie Running with Zombies.

Best for me is a toss up...
The Godfather was beautifully rendered on screen for me
Get Carter, the book was a masterpiece and the film is a classic, showing why Michael Caine is such an amazing actor.
Worst ... Cant think of one off hand, will add if it comes to mind.
Probably any H P Lovecraft big screen event would count as they have all been naff so far.

Jurassic Park - Better than the book and the book was great.
The Green Mile - Very close to the book and very well made.
The Prestige was a rarity of where the movie was better than the book, so I heard.
LOTR - Loved the movies but could only get to half way through book 2.