What Are Your Favorite Weird Tales or Stories that Fit That Category?

"The Professor 's Teddy Bear" by Theodore Sturgeon, now that one is pretty weird, also enjoyed "The Other Celia" by him, a strange story with a tragic ending.
I think there was a pretty weird story called ( I could be completely wrong about this ) "Idol Of The Flies" about a very unpleasant boy who some how attracts flies, I know it was written by a woman but her name completely escapes me.
Will try to think of some more with my old, creaky brain, I sometimes think I have an 8 bit brain in a 64 bit world (lol)!
P.S. There is also one called "Words Of The Guru" maybe by Richard Matheson but I could be wrong about that.
For a humorous one try "The Accountant" by Robert Sheckley, also loved the ending of "The New One" by Frederic Brown.

Last edited:
Jane Rice, BigBadBob. Haven't read it that I recall, but for some reason the title and author stuck in my mind.

The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag by Robert A Heinlein . This story is quite different from anything else ive ever read by him. It's a weird story and its a fantastic tale .:cool:

The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag by Robert A Heinlein . This story is quite different from anything else ive ever read by him. It's a weird story and its a fantastic tale .:cool:

And it strikes me as RAH in conversation with Chesterton's The Man Who was Thursday.