What Are Your Favorite Weird Tales or Stories that Fit That Category?

"Spider Mansion" by Fritz Leiber, maybe my favorite Leiber story. Very creepy and weird.

Have you ever read Fritz Leiber's story The Girl With Hungry Eyes ? It was adapted for for Rod Serlings Night Gallery.:cool:

Have you ever read Fritz Leiber's story The Girl With Hungry Eyes ? It was adapted for for Rod Serlings Night Gallery.:cool:
I know the title but not sure I read it. Probably did see the Night Gallery but don't remember the story.

"Zero Hour" & "The Emissary" both by Ray Bradbury.
They have basically the same story structure but one is SF and the other is Horror.
Even so they are both first class and deserve a read!
P.S. I've read lots of great horror stories over the years.
But now most of the time I can't remember the titles of author.

Every story from Campbell's Unknown.
Unknown is unique in the world of fantasy it only lasted from 1939 to 1943 but published fantasy the likes of which no one had ever seen before. A singular magazine.

Unknown (magazine) - Wikipedia

The are anthologies

From Unknown Worlds - Wikipedia

Unknown (1988 anthology) - Wikipedia

unknown.jpg

The Troll by T H White . The man who wrote the Once and Future King .(y):cool:

Last edited:
Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne :cool:

The dark eidolon sticks in my mind, as it was my first exposure to Clarke Ashton Smith.
I first read CAS when I purchased 'the dark eidolon and other stories' as that is one of his only anthologies available on kindle a few years ago, and it's just kind of stuck with me, even more than Lovecraft and company.

The dark eidolon sticks in my mind, as it was my first exposure to Clarke Ashton Smith.
I first read CAS when I purchased 'the dark eidolon and other stories' as that is one of his only anthologies available on kindle a few years ago, and it's just kind of stuck with me, even more than Lovecraft and company.

Ive read and re-read that one . Its a terrific story, one his best. :cool:

"The Other Celia" by Theodore Sturgeon is very good, but this could be classed more as a tragedy then a horror!
There is a very good one about a serial killer who picks up a girl, her hair covers half her face for a very good reason, she is not human, but am damned if I can remember the title or author, I've a feeling he may be Dutch!
There is also a very horrific story by Robert Bloch about the true nature of super models, if your a man when you read this one it makes you cross your legs (lol), but I can't remember the title!
He also wrote a very good story about silent films, but again am not sure of the title, something like "The Movie People"???

As for Clarke Ashton Smith, I have a few, maybe four or five collections of his, they are all second hand paperbacks, I think they are all English publishers, possible Panther Press!
There may be something available through Amazon.

That's a yup on Bloch's "The Movie People." I'm trying to recall the title of story about the model, but darned if I can, though I know I read it.

About the Dutch author, are you thinking of Eddy C. Bertin? As for the story, I have it in mind I read it, too, in one of the DAW best horror anthologies, but it's another title lost with the years.

Randy M.

As for Clarke Ashton Smith, I have a few, maybe four or five collections of his, they are all second hand paperbacks, I think they are all English publishers, possible Panther Press!
There may be something available through Amazon.

Nightshade book published all of his stories in a 5 volume set. Which I have. I recommend this set of his works. :)

Yes, Eddy C. Bertin, I've just remembered, the title of the story was something like "The Taste Of Your Love", very good horror!
There another horror story am trying to think of, very strange one about a haunted or possessed bed, again no title or author but I think it was in one of the Ramsey Campbell anthologies!
WARNING: This one was very adult, could be almost classed as poronographic!!!

Last edited: