Alien War experience

Ed Ryder

Did anyone else go to the Alien War experience at Trocadero back in the 90s? I remember it being great fun; you were on a tour of a facility with some marines then all hell broke loose :)

"All hell broke loose' is acceptable in a thread like this - but just be sure to delete it from your WIP...
Hey, that looks like fun. I saw the original Alien queen when it toured, but that was before animatronix.

Yes! I remember it with great affection. I went with a friend whose surname is Hicks. Cue a wonderful moment when we had to give our names when in waiting to go in.

In our group there was the (inevitable) cocky teenager. He started off basically trying to ruin it for everyone, announcing that it was fake and so on every few moments. The chap playing the marine did a great job by putting him on "door duty": he had to open the airlock doors. That took the wind out of the guy's sails a bit. At the end, we all got into the lift that would take us to safety. As the doors closed, an Alien burst in and dragged one of the group out. The kid had a screaming fit. My friend and I felt that we'd got our money's worth.

Yeah the lift bit was great - went up about an inch or so iirc and then the power went off...

I always wanted to go on that, but from Wales it was difficult to get there as a young pup. Luckily for me Swansea had it's own 'Alien Experience'.

One man with a Giger Alien head and black jump suit - check.
One egg with facehugger on string - check.
One 'marine' with a revolver cap gun - check.
Lots of dry ice, James Horner music and strobe lighting - check.

Was a ball, but no where near as cool looking at the TV ad for the Trocadero, or was it on the Aliens Special Edition Video? I saw it somewhere.

Alien War started in Glasgow in the Arches (actually they had a test run at a convention, which was fun, but way too short), which is where I did it. I vaguely knew the people behind it. Seriously into costuming - some interesting costume pub crawls, and very dedicated to the idea of Alien War. But who wouldn't be - getting support from the studio to be paid to be your favourite characters? What's not to like (y)

Their setup in Glasgow was very good (never did the Trocadero, so can't compare), and most of the punters went along with it and it worked well. They did have problems with some eejits punching the aliens, but I heard the worst was a young teenager who was standing at the back of the lift when the alien burst in all terrifying. The kid span round screaming and lashed out - kicking the alien damn hard in the nuts. Cue one alien hobbling away round the corner and the marines trying hard not to pi$$ themselves laughing :confused::ROFLMAO:

ABS

I went to the Swansea one too! It was a bit like the Tesco value version but still a good laugh.