Three-Legged Improv

Jonas set foot in Manhattan's streets, finally back from that uneventful excursion out of his timeline. Manhattan was a different colour--bluish--and so were the people, taller and slimier as well. Jonas looked for butterflies on his hard rubber soles, panicked, and pulled his gun out, but the cops were already on him, spitting paralysing acid from their foreheads.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can opener, assassin, cyberpunk

to try to understand all the versions of himself that had existed before would be folly. Had he been scientist, a voice of hope or somethig greater. If they'd have known he'd been artificail they'd never of voted him in and yet they did, even with hair that looked like hamsters fighting over an amlette his cybernetic brain had convinced the proud synthetic man.

I'm going to go.....

Malachite(A copper ore) and Producer and I'd like it to be a lovely Romance

The film's producer, Joseph Malachite, addressed his actors. "This is a pivotal scene in this movie and I want passion, high romance and plenty of parts showing, so get ready and action." The two cat actors looked at him as if he'd just stepped off a flying saucer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand theft, females, open genre

They had done their research, the jewellers and surrounding area were less busy around 15:00. It was agreed Julia would enter and ask to see some of the more expensive trays, it wouldn't raise any concerns, she was wearing a fortune in jewels. Once in Meg and Emma would follow, quickly disable the guards, Julia would grab the trays. Everything went to plan until they got to the getaway car and found it clamped.

Flowers, bricklayer, farce

My apologies for not following the directions last time. Three sentences it is.

A planter full of prize aspidistras plummeted from the thirteenth floor of the apartment building, directly on the unprotected head of Matthew Fraley, master mason. He looked up from his current project -- a brick border for a particularly fine willow -- and raised his fist to the skies. "Why don't you watch where you're blooming!"

Water, navigator, science fiction

Reactions: Ihe
Nixie -2 points for going over sentence limit. Shame on you.:sick:

After the starship Investigator crashed on the planet, it was Henderson who ultimately saved the crew. Skirting the many danger zones, a horde of flesh eating Amazons here, a volcanic wasteland there, he found the water source that would allow the crew to survive until the rescue ship arrived. "Yeah," said Henderson, "not bad for a navigator fifth class."

Heat, zombies, SFF.

It was hotter than sh*t in the sauna today; while I read the latest issue of SF&F.
They usually publish an acceptably wide range of themes in their stories; but, enough with the zombies, alright?
Oh, bother, I've dripped sweat on the Table of Contents.

Moon, Parachute, Beard.

Last edited:
Nursery rhymes are terribly inaccurate. For example, the cow did not 'jump over
the moon' - that would have required a formidable parachute and cows as a species are not keen on extreme sports. Additionally, the dish, while quite aroused by concave utensils, actually ran off with the bearded lady of the small village of Spooner.

- ❦ -

Architect, orange, hippopotamus.

Chief Architect Neil Bloom built a complex cage, tall as a building and full of levers, gears, and ornamented bronze engravings. Inside, in the middle of all the engineering wonder, lay a peeled orange, perched on a high stool and lighted by a single light bulb. Neil would spend days on end sitting in front of it, staring at it, talking to it; killing for it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

evolution, cat, alternate history

"You nincompoop, they said to offer him the crown, not crown him with a hammer, we can't return without Charles"

" He has a cat, offer it to him "

"Purrrrr, thank you, gentleman, I gladly accept the role of first talking feline king of Britain"

Mandolin, elephant, tragedy

The elephant’s string quartet would have been a mammoth success, due to the virtuosity of the players involved, had it not been for the fact that most concert halls just don’t have stages strong enough to support them, and football stadia don’t like them to walk across the pitch.

To avoid feeling too downcast about the whole thing, the group would play impromptu concerts in parking lots and concrete floored rooms, until, one day, the newly hired cellist, Jumbo exclaimed to the others,”My God, but isn’t that a mandolin?

“We don’t talk about it”, Nelly replied.

One hundred, word, challenge.
(A little worried about specifying "Word" as a profession, but I'm not sure that this has been strickly adherred to before either)

Nice one Farn. Now, how about setting the next challenge. Two words, one genre.

There's a trick to it Drof :D. @farntfar has given us 3 elements loosely adhering to the rules, masking his own way of plugging the 100-anon. Well played. Here goes nothing:

Naara spoke the words before her audience--all hardened warriors, carnage connoisseurs, and three enormous wolves chained to the columns around them.

"I, Naara of Dionnis, pledge to not stay my blade until 100 enemies of the king have warmed it with their miserable blood."

The hall erupted in cheers for the first woman assassin to be inducted by the Red Hand Order, and they all got ready to bet on her first challenge: the three wolves were let loose in front of a barehanded Naara.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampon, archaeologist, adventure

Archaeologist and adventurer, California Smith, palmed the handle of his .45 caliber pistol. If they wanted a fight, he'd give them one. But nothing would stand between him and his prize: the sacred tampon of Elysium.

Reactions: Ihe