Three-Legged Improv

:) I'm sorry, Ihe! I wrote a 300 worder once where the first 295 words were a total of four sentences (then there was a three-word capper, for counterpoint...you might remember the one). I promise to be better in the future - many fewer semis and ellipses...sorry to derail things. :) It's a great thread, btw, CC

Oh! Double apologies, Shyrka! You are absolutely right, and I should read the rules before posting. My next entry will be much more proper, according to the rules, I promise!!

Every time the succubus went for a walk all the eggplants in the vicinity wilted.
She found this very unsettling, she grew paranoid, terrified to venture outside, slowly dying from lack of attention.
Then she discovered an aerosol can with the words Sure it wont let you down, a quick spray and she could walk through the plants, allowing her once more to prey on the male.

--------------------------------------
Carpet, psychiatrist, drama

The psychiatrist was lying on the carpet when I arrived for my one o'clock appointment.
"Did you have a Freudian slip, Doctor Holtzer, hah-hah!"
"I've decided you are insane, Johnson."
###

cocktail, film reviewer, farce

Reactions: Ihe
“This is another example of the ridiculous cheep thrills, non-realistic, high-octane action movie that Hollywood keeps pushing out desperate to launch a franchise and I for one have had enough….” At this point a large explosion could be heard from the top of the Studio set, armed men entered, helicopters rained gunfire down on the presenter and his body disintegrated into a pile of mincemeat.

“That was the last episode of Film 2016 this year but do tune in next week for the action packed sequel to tom Cruise's Cocktail, Cocktail 2:Revenge is best served over ice.”

------------------------
I don't think I've ever tried to write anything farcicle before.

how about

Ostrich Egg, Teddy Bear Repair Technician, Crime/50's Detective Story

"There is no such thing as Teddy Bear Repair Technicians, that sounds ridiculous," the detective's gruff voice rang through the half-open door of his office.
"Well, he did find the Golden Ostrich Egg inside a plush toy--not a teddy bear, mind you, but a stuffed unicorn--so I'm guessing he doesn't only do teddy bears, because that would be quite ridiculous indeed; not a good career path at all," Maura, the assistant, said loudly from her desk outside.
"Hmmm, multi-tasking unicorns as well, huh, well, that changes things, so I guess there's no reason why we can't keep him on retainer until the Stuffed Corpse case is solved."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
bomb, dancer, Steampunk

She walked into the private eyes office, clutching a threadbare teddy,crying " Mr Marlow I hope you can help, my priceless ostrich egg has been stolen"
" I'm sure I can miss, but first let me look your bear, I repair them in my spare time"
He took the bear and carefully examined him, there among the stuffing lay an egg.

-------------------------------

Cheese, accountant, space opera.

No biggie. The next poster is free to chose between my 3 or nixie's 3.

The Zeppelin manovered itself over the target zone with the grace of a ballet dancer. Captain Summers had planned to give a courageous speach before unleashing the bombs on the unexpecting foes bellow but she had decided that would be a little cheesy. Through it all they had failed to account for the fact that the space program of their opponents had had a great succes in launching an anti zep satalite the week before.
------------------
Hopefully I have covered bombs dancer cheese accountant in a steam punk space opera, although not very well.

Peanut, Doctor, Western

Fear not, @nixie, as long as there are at least 2 people interested, we can keep it going for years ;). Plugging this thread everywhere can also help, just sayin'.

Carson refused to lower his Colt. Doc Williams held the handful of peanuts up to the youth's mouth and eyed Carson with cold eyes.
"Put the gun down, Carson, and your little boy just might live to spread his ridiculous allergies to your future grandkids."
------------------------------------------------------

worms, spelunker, Mars

The giant worms of Mars were gentle, benign creatures. If you approached them carefully they would coo when you stroked their spelunker. Then Henderson, a real idiot, fed them after midnight, they transformed into crazed monsters and now we're all going to die.

Spock, humor, mating ritual. (Take care, please.)

"Right Henderson we're in a complete pickle here, there's one girl, we've both kissed her, and their culture demands we fight each other to the death?"
"I'll consult the space travelers guide videos, they certainly got us out of that mess with the worms on mars. Ah, here's a simmilar example, it's filed under ST:TOS Amok Time, the basic principle should be transferable to this situation."

-------------

Puffin, Podiatrist, Horror.

She knew feet but the footprints weren't like anything she'd seen: definitely humanoid but with some kind of strange webbing between the curiously sharp toes. She followed the watery trail to the cliff edge and stopped, hands on her hips as she stared out at the sullen ocean.

Borne on silent, down-soft wings, the were-puffin landed behind her.

-----------------

Key, Veterinarian, Hard Sci-Fi

The automation was built as an animal doctor, it could treat any living creature, it didn't get much business, humans didn't trust it. Until the day, it found a robot dog, people flooded to it. It was the key to success, people always trust dog owners.

----------
Package, artist, thriller.

The package arrived at noon, he knew it was from the one they called the artist and he new what the grim contents would be.

Wearing latex gloves, he slowly and carefully removed the sculpture of stitched together body parts from the artists’ latest victim, and promptly ran to the bathroom and vomited in the sink.

The detective raised his head and looked in the mirror, little did he know that the man looking back at him was the artist himself.
----------------------
Maybe a tad cliched that one.

I was thinking of getting one of you to Draw up a graphic novel next but rather than kill the thread....

let's have

Lamp, Toilet Cleaner, Super Natural

Shyrka don't deprive us of your genius. The universe demands another story.