Three-Legged Improv

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
hedge maze, beekeeper and magical realism

Yesterday the bees decided they wanted their hives inside the hedge maze instead of the rose garden, so I had to put on my protective gear and lift them, one by one, over the gravel walkway and into that blasted green labyrinth. I never did like the damned thing, the way its corridors writhe like the insides of some giant serpent intent on devouring the world. But their Lordships must have their honey, and sad bees make sad honey, so I must keep them happy, and so the world goes, round and round and round.

mirror, shopkeeper, historical fiction

tegeus-Cromis

a better poet than swordsman
After Thermidor and the fall of Robespierre, the Comte d'Auxerre was among the first aristocratic exiles to venture back to Paris, only to find his hotel particulier in Place Vendome emptied, all the furniture and paintings that he'd had to leave behind in his middle-of-the-night flight to Bavaria looted, the richly colored wallpaper, with scenes of chinoiserie, peeling off the walls. After a night in his despoiled apartment, he found his way to his old marchand de meubles in St. Germain, who had miraculously weathered unscathed the storms of the revolution. The first item the old shopkeeper showed him was one of the newly fashionable full-length, oval Psyche mirrors; and seeing himself from head to toe in its smoky brightness, the Comte was reminded that he was still in one piece, his head still on his shoulders, unlike many a companion of the carefree days of his youth.

engraving burin, graduate student, weird tale

MikeAnderson

Emperor Xenu's Life Coach
The Dean of The School of Arts always criticized my work, calling it "lacking emotional context, detail, and originality."
So I killed him in a rage, and engraved my thesis into his skin with a cold chisel I found in the tool box in the Geology lab.
I'm the only art student in history with a simultaneous death sentence and an exhibit honoring my work at the Guggenheim.

pizza, necromancer, espionage thriller

Anne Martin

incorrigible
I'm a rabid writer. Once I start it's a frenetic j
Unable to move, Halep watched as the pizza floated out of the box on its way to the mage's table. His palms sweated as he anticipated his freedom, hoping his cell had chosen this opening to assassinate his captor and release the spell. Was it intuition, or just sheer bad luck, when the mage offered Halep the first bite?

pineapple, writer, magical realism

Last edited:

Hummus

wrap it up already
"Excuse me," said Wernard Mcwright, writer, to the unicorn behind the counter,"I ordered a freshly squeezed pineapple juice, with extra magic dust, ten minutes ago - I have dealines to keep here - did I tell you I'm a writer?"
The unicorn, bearing a suspicious amount of fruits on its horn, licked some juice from its fur.
"Apologies, I stuck."

Lighter, Astronaut, Rom-com

tegeus-Cromis

a better poet than swordsman
The signal came through and on the large video screen at mission command appeared the surface of the red planet and Kate's face, smiling inside her space-suit helmet.
Charlie rushed to speak:
"Kate, now that you achieved your goal of being the first human on Mars, will you finally answer: will you marry me?"
Kate held up something in her pressurized glove:
"Charlie, you must recognize this, my father's old Zippo, that I'm so sentimental about; as I told you long ago, when someone asks me to marry him, I'll strike it; and, if it lights on the first try, I'll marry him gladly; but if it doesn't, we're done forever."

MikeAnderson

Emperor Xenu's Life Coach
"Oi, the magical brush went loopy, and instead of drawing a unicorn, it summoned a bloody bowl of minestrone!"
The wizened wizard of titanium white, Bob of Ross, merely patted his apprentice kindly on his shoulder, and materialized two spoons and a bag of oyster crackers.
"All will be well, as long as you remember this ancient incantation; there is no such thing as a mistake, just happy accidents!"

plasma blaster, unemployed construction worker, romantic comedy