February 2016: What are You Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, new to the forums, but excited to have found them. Right now I'm reading the Contaminated Series by T.W. Piperbrook. I've been really stoked on Zombie and post-apocalyptic books. I've got a few great ones to recommend if anyone's interested.

Welcome to Chronicles. Sure go ahead and give us your post apocalyptic favs.

Recently started this:
LRDTGRFHMM1972.jpg

Great, Right now I'm reading the Contaminated Series by T.W. Piperbrook. Also loved the Morningstar Strain series by ZA Recht, David Moody's Autumn series and the As the World Dies trilogy by Rhianna Frater... I came across a huuuuge many gig file of tons of zombie ebooks and I've been ravenous ever since.

Our own Stephen Palmer's The Rat And The Serpent. The 'novel in black and white' idea intrigued me and it works:)

Finished Christopher Fowler's Ten-Second Staircase and now on book 5 of his Bryant and May quirky crime novel series, White Corridor.

I'm about to start Let Me Tell You: New Stories, Essays, and Other Writings by Shirley Jackson, edited by Laurence Jackson Hyman and Sarah Hyman Dewitt (2015.) The "new" is obviously misleading, since the author died in 1965. Even "uncollected" would not be entirely true, since some of these piece have appeared in other collections. The editors are two of the author's children.

Beneath the Shattered Moons by Michael Bishop

I've Enjoyed everything else I've read by him but this isn't grabbing me in the same way

I've now finished Shattered Moons and I've moved onto Eyes of Fire which is Bishop back at his best. This is why I love his writing.

I'm on a Wilkie Collins binge at the moment. Started with Woman in White and loved it, his characters are excellent (and that Miss Halcombe!) and now I'm onto The Haunted Hotel (and other short stories). I've also bought The Moonstone and Armadale today. I'm especially loving the quote on the back of Armadale which says that Lydia Gwilt horrified contemporary critics and was described as 'one of the most hardened female villains whose devices and desires have ever blackened fiction'. Looking forward to that!

I've started Ready Player One and after just a few pages, I'm hooked! It helps that I was a kid in the 80's I think. Really looking forward to this one.

I'm currently reading Legends and Liars by Julia Knight, second in her Duellists trilogy. Book 3 is next on the TBR pile.

Finished White Corridor and now on Jan Mark's second novel, Divide and Rule.

I finished The Lost Road and Other Writings by Tolkien. Just trying to familiarize myself with how best to tackle the construction of an epic fantasy universe. Now I'm on to the next book, The Return of the Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.