Lucifer

Lucifer sitting alone, atop his towering throne, back in his devilish domain, would have been a helluva an empty way to end the series -- especially after the love declaration -- three words fans have been waiting to hear from both sides for four seasons.

Well, yeah. It would have been kind of perfect ending. No hope for Chloe or finding out why she was Created, and the Devil has to be in business for God knows for how long. To me it was disappointing to see how easily he went back there at the end. The Devil knew his holiday was over and there was no chance for another one, so he just left.

Is Eve going to have to live a normal life? Does Chloe ever know what she was really to the devil? And how Father Kingley knew so much?

So, how long must we wait before S5? :unsure:

A year. But I hope they'll grant them 13 instead of 10. Gaiman also has to get involved if they're going to wrap this up perfectly.

What happened to all our other commentators? I don't mind talking just you, as we get along so well, but I expect girls to say something.

Maybe they don't have Netflix subscriptions? Although, I hear that real life sometimes gets in the way of television watching. :rolleyes:

From Wikipedia:
On June 6, 2019, Netflix renewed the series for a fifth, and originally final, season of ten episodes.[37] The episode count for the fifth season was later raised to 16.[38] The fifth season will be released in two batches of eight episodes each,[23] starting August 21, 2020.[39]

On June 23, 2020, Netflix officially renewed the series for a sixth and final season of ten episodes.[40][41]

I didn't know that the series was back until today.
Looks like we'll have at least 26 new episodes to enjoy. Who knows? Netflix may change its mind again and opt for a season 7.

I stopped watching after the third season. Thought it was losing track. Does it get better again?

I know what you mean, vanye. Two brilliant seasons, then, something broke in the machine. The humor was all but gone and it became just another cop show. Sad, really.

Ok, so I won‘t have to worry about getting the other seasons. Good to know. :cool:

From Wikipedia:I didn't know that the series was back until today.
Looks like we'll have at least 26 new episodes to enjoy. Who knows? Netflix may change its mind again and opt for a season 7.

I watched the first part of S5 and enjoyed it, almost as much as previous seasons. I didn't like that we have to wait until February 2021 for the 2nd part.

There are some interesting tweests, but I cannot say which one without spoiling the thread. ;)

I watched the first part of S5 and enjoyed it, almost as much as previous seasons. I didn't like that we have to wait until February 2021 for the 2nd part.

There are some interesting tweests, but I cannot say which one without spoiling the thread. ;)
Watched the first two episodes. I thought it was hilarious that Satan, King of Hell, would have an "evil twin." :ROFLMAO:

Loved this film noir tour de force!
The gender-bending was hilarious and kept me guessing which cast members were playing their new, black-and-white roles.
The soundtrack was really spot-on.

Who would have guessed that the cure for a fussy baby would be playing peekaboo with Lucifer's true "devil face"? :LOL:
Amenadiel should invest in a mask, assuming he doesn't have some special face-making powers of his own. I don't know how well Daniel is going to handle seeing the real Lucifer, courtesy of meddling Michael.
I hope that Lucifer and Chloe finally consummating their long-smoldering desires doesn't spoil the rest of the series. Releasing the sexual tension in Moonlighting was the beginning of the end for that show.

I've just watched watching the last episode from Season 5.
Finally we see God and the other angels. Not what I was expecting for.

I can't wait to see Season 6 and final season. Apparently they have already finished filming it.

5.10 Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam
OK -- God, after four and a half seasons of suspense, turning out to be "The Allstate Guy," was a little disappointing, but this episode was both hilarious and impressive.
I've always hated it when an entire non-musical show cast unexpectedly bursting into choreographed song and dance, but now I know why.
God.
Who else would be capable of making a group of mortals perform so precisely for his own amusement? And laugh-out-loud funny each number was, especially when the murder victim briefly gets up and joins the celebration in "Another One Bites the Dust."
Yet, I wondered why The Almighty was spending so much time on Earth messing with his offspring. The concept of the most all-powerful and eternal being in the Universe losing his powers is absolutely mind-boggling.
I can't wait to see where this is going in the remaining six episodes of the season.
Hey! I don't have to wait. Binge on!

R.I.P. Dan. He didn't last long after God disintegrated and reassembled him.
I wondered why poor Dan had been the center of such an elaborate prank in 5.12, Daniel Espinoza: Naked and Afraid. I guess they just wanted to give a full-series supporting character a great screen time sendoff.

Reactions: ctg
Unlike the many series canceled so abruptly they are not given the chance to produce a decent ending, Lucifer got one acceptable finale here and will get another more polished (they promise) one in the 10-episode final final season six.
I cannot envision what will occupy Lucifer for the next nine episodes, now that he has gained the Silver City Throne and become the all-seeing, all-knowing ruler of Heaven and Earth -- staffing problems? work rules? other administrative headaches?
"...late 2021 at the absolute earliest" seems like a long wait.

We can bet he will have staffing problems and administrative headaches. :D

Most of all, he will have to learn to think about others and see the bigger picture. This looks like an impossible task after 5 seasons where he was *me, me, me*. His twin brother seems a better replacement in Hell.