Lucifer

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
1.01 Pilot
The opener for this series was highly entertaining.

The Prince of Darkness, aka Lucifer "Lucy" Morningstar, is AWOL from Hell. Tom Ellis portrays the most devilish bad boy you could possibly encounter -- combined with numerous "fish-out-of-water" moments generated by close contact with puzzling, still-living human beings.

The show is backed by witting dialogue and a kicky soundtrack. I'm looking forward to coming episodes.

Everybody wants to be a cop. Doesn't matter if you're a ex-CIA hit man or a zombie or the devil. And, being the devil, this one is especially silly. But this kind of hits a sweet spot of silliness for me - any dumber and it'd be dumb; attempt to be any more serious and it'd be really dumb. But, as is, it's just very entertaining. The guy playing Lucifer seems to be having a blast and the actual cop is intriguing. Like willwallace says, I'll have to see how it goes because maintenance will likely be a problem - already tired of the angel dropping in after just two episodes, for instance, even though the second ep did it cleverly the second time - and I don't know how it'll be running by itself without the X-Files lead-in - but it's been fun so far.

It is fun. It might get tiring after awhile, similar to Sleepy Hollow, but so far so good.

Saw the second one last night. It's still good. Had a few chuckles.

Five episodes in, and I'm still enjoying it. The crime plots are a little formulaic, but the whole Devil immersed in Humanity thing is being entertainingly developed.
If the Lucifer-Chloe relationship is causing Lucy to become more human and mortal, it seems only logical that Chloe should become more devilish and super-powerful. Yes?
I would rather Lucifer did not lose his powers, especially being bulletproof, which seems like a handy thing when repeatedly confronting gunslinging criminals. Could this be Father punishing his favorite angel for neglecting his assignment?

got to be honest I will not watch this on principle (said in my best Mary Whitehouse voice, and I'm painfully aware of the irony given my views on the late Mrs W) - not to go all fundie but IMO it's plain wrong

I really enjoyed the first several episodes but it seems to have fallen into a pattern where all the shows seem to be the same thing kind of the way I felt about House. They seem to solve the case but there is always a twist at the end that lets you know somebody else was guilty of the crime.

The characters are all excellent though. Lucifer, Chloe, Linda and Mazikeen all make this an enjoyable series. Hopefully they surprise me and shake things up on future episodes.

I'm wondering about Lucy's wings.
Why was it necessary to clip them off? Why save them in an apparently not-so-secure, shipping container? Why steal them?

Angel Amenadiel seems to have no problem with keeping his wings out of sight when passing as a human.

So far , this show has been a treat to watch.(y)

The Devil's in the detail.
As in frequent comments like "speaking of me" and in little things like Lucy's red-soled shoes.
Flaming hot wings, anyone?

1.09 A Priest Walks into a Bar

This was a walk on the serious side.

Lucifer lonely? Becoming friends with priest?

This episode moved close to the realm of genuine theological debate. Lucifer's initial response to Father Frank's assertion that God has a plan was "why does everyone assume that it's a good plan?"

In the end, Lucifer seems shaken. Did he truly have free will when he decided to ditch Hell and get chummy with Humanity in L.A., or was his decision part of Dad's master plan?

The way it ended, I can't wait for season 2. This show is terrific .:)