Lucifer

OK, the priest may not be God (but he has worked as the Killer of Saints), and Chloe doesn't seem to be overly religious.
I was relieved when Chloe declined to continue with the plan, which seems crazy -- drug Lucifer, then perform an exorcism? How do you exorcise the Devil out of the Devil?
Linda's pregnancy will give Amenadiel a purpose for making Earth his new home, but what will their child be, celestially speaking? A demigod?

I doubt that anyone believed that Chloe had come to terms with Lucifer's true identity and was ready to resume detective business as usual,

I laughed out loud on the what the f... I've never seen devil so puzzled by someone accepting him as he is. Dear old Dad certainly created her to be extraordinary. We should have known that once a human could resist his charm, he couldn't stop himself from exposing himself to everyone.

but I was being convinced of her progress toward acceptance near the end -- right up to the twisted conclusion.

I have no recollection from the first three seasons that Chloe is deeply religious. If she is, I can see how the idea that Satan is anything but pure evil would shake her faith to its roots and pull her into some sort of plot against Lucifer.

It kind of becomes apparent when she shy's away from his touch and recoils. Then Dan says to the Devil that, "We are not friends, but I'm going to give you an answer. They recoil because they hate you. They want you as far from them as possible, because your very touch, makes them to recoil in discuss." Which is the truth, if you'll think it traditionally.

Nobody in the world really wants to be with the devil, if they have good in their heart. Even some of bad people are scared of him, because of the punishment. In a way it's Devil's reputation that makes people to freak up, before they really see the real face. Nobody really wants to get punished. Even the evil psycho's ask for forgiveness at the end, or then they accept that it's the time.

In fact the US Marshall said, "They never change." But the Devil has changed and he is kind of liberated by the fact that his identity is out there. Maybe to Dad, he saw Lucifer being always stubborn and getting locked into his routines, unable to change and accept that the world he created for humans is moving beyond traditions.

Unlike Chloe, it took eons for the Devil to accept that "monstrous side," in himself. So, in a way, I believe Lucifer is story of redemption and acceptance.

Holy Sith! Who is that guy who handling her? Is he a mere priest, or is he Luci's Dear Old Dad?

Daddy. He was scheduled to appear in this season. And no, he's not going to be wearing Dog costume.

Daddy. He was scheduled to appear in this season. And no, he's not going to be wearing Dog costume.

Funny you should reference Preacher. The priest was hard to recognize without his weapons and cowboy outfit. :)

Reactions: ctg
It becomes increasingly less likely that Father Kinley is Lucifer's pop. I still have hope that the Almighty may yet appear as a giant Dalmatian. :LOL:
So, if Eve (last known residence, the Garden of Eden) is Luci's first love, his relationship with Chloe has no bearing on the prophesy, which, itself, would be meaningless if the fulfilling prerequisite had already been met in the days of Genesis. Yes?
Mazikeen was a standout in this episode. She freed Dan to embrace his inner vigilante, and her need to vicariously participate in Linda's pregnancy is a hoot. I loved the expression of demonic delight on her face as she asked Linda: “Is it true that human spawn erupt from their mothers’ bodies in a ceremony of blood and pain?” :lol:
I wonder where the whole Amenadiel-Linda pending parenthood thing is going. If the conception took place while Amenadiel was mortal, their offspring should logically be completely human. Baby winglets might complicate delivery.
What's up with Ella's crisis of faith? I don't recall her having a falling out with the Big Guy last season. Of course, my failing memory may be at fault.

Funny you should reference Preacher. The priest was hard to recognize without his weapons and cowboy outfit. :)

I questioned Viv in regards of the outcome, and she was completely unaware of the God angle. She said: "I'm not telling you anything. You have to watch it!" LOLz

I was relieved when Chloe declined to continue with the plan, which seems crazy -- drug Lucifer, then perform an exorcism? How do you exorcise the Devil out of the Devil?

It's called banishment, when you dispel the Devil from Earthly realm. Exorcism only makes him giggle, and when they refuse to listen, maybe a bit angry. At least this version. But I do wonder about the little potion, and constant reminders on the events that leads down the certain road.

I hate that Chloe appears to be brain washed by the faux priest. She said: "Most of the stuff I read was way off." To me, it read like propaganda. Thing is that all we know is that this version is very different than the one priests and religious texts has been painting.

Another thing we know is that she's a special person, and if God was involved, she's a special creation. Chloe even said to the faux priest, "Being around him doesn't seem to make him to person," in his book. Yet, he seemed to have all the answers. Even to the ones he could have possibly known, if he's just a human.

Maybe the strangest thing is that Chloe shouted: "No," when the explosion engulfed the devil. It was as if she didn't really wanted him to go away. Later on she popped the question and she couldn't believe the answer: "The Devil is only vulnerable when she's close to him."

But that's the thing. Daddy's creation, and in that equation, Chloe is human, while the Faux Priest knows too much.

Maybe the biggest surprise is that Amenadiel is now a daddy. The only problem is that last time they did something like that, there was biblical flood, when the God got angry on the babies they were making. Hence the fallen angels were cast to hell and the last civilisation wiped out.

So, if Eve (last known residence, the Garden of Eden) is Luci's first love, his relationship with Chloe has no bearing on the prophesy, which, itself, would be meaningless if the fulfilling prerequisite had already been met in the days of Genesis. Yes?

Cain was immortal, so why not Eve? If you look at old Testament, a lot of old King's lived for tens of thousands of years. These are biblical figures, who break the reality, so why not make them immortal once again?

What's up with Ella's crisis of faith? I don't recall her having a falling out with the Big Guy last season. Of course, my failing memory may be at fault.

I don't know. A new theme?

So, Eve was a human after all and she died, went haven and found it boring after eons of happiness. She didn't even bother telling Adam that she's going to see Lucifer at City of Angels. Good girl.

She said that Adam wouldn't love the rule breaker. That he never did, and all she was ever to Adam was something that God created. It's just I don't get how can she know so much about Earth and how it has changed to be absolutely comfortable with everything? Nothing is a surprise.

What did surprise me was that Lucifer offered Eve "a banana, a very large banana" in the paradise. So what happened to the apple? Also if that banana was used in the "hide the banana" play, then Amediel knows nothing. It is also convenient that they are skipping the Book of Enoch.

“Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

“And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.” (Genesis 6:1-4)
Did angels have sex with women? - Bible Christian

Maybe the biggest surprise was that Eve came back after "thousands of years" to be with Lucifer. I know Devil's charm was ridiculous, but to get dead woman to escape heaven, he must have a humongous banana. And even wasn't even scared about his "true face." So why not?

More About All About Eve
For a moment, when Luce got skewered by the pool cue, I thought that he had transferred his affections to Eve, so she was now making him vulnerable to injury and death. Of course, the arrival of Chloe was the cause.
I'm finding their on-again, off-again love affair to be getting a bit tedious. I suppose it's a primary source of fuel for the series, so their relationship unlikely to stabilize soon or ever. While Lucifer's mental health may suffer when he is apart from Chloe, his physical health benefits immensely.
Linda was gets my vote for most notable character in this episode. I imagine that most first-time mothers have genuine fears about their new roles. The prospect of having a winged baby understandably would inspire terror ... and high hopes for a fishing net among baby shower gifts.
"My house isn't prepared for a flying baby!" Great line from the celestial mother-to-be. Thank goodness for bubble wrap. :ROFLMAO:

1557580807138.png

Last edited:
Linda was gets my vote for most notable character in this episode. I imagine that most first-time mothers have genuine fears about their new roles. The prospect of having a winged baby understandably would inspire terror ... and high hopes for a fishing net among baby shower gifts.
"My house isn't prepared for a flying baby!" Great line from the celestial mother-to-be. Thank goodness for bubble wrap. :ROFLMAO:

I did find that too funny. But I couldn't really understand how they managed to get all of them padded up there. I don't think there's much of space to spread angel wings, and besides the point, wouldn't the wings show up in the scans. Just like the willy does, as they were able to identify the sex.

I also liked that Maze moved in as a nanny.

I'm starting to feel tired of this concept, and unlike in the previous seasons I don't find Lucifer as funny as what it was before. I get why he would be offended about Chloe's betrayal, but fluffing between episodes with nothing progressing is a failure. Even Maze is back in his old job, hunting the bad guys and making them hurt.

I don't understand why she cannot walk in the Lux in her demonic form or Luci to show real face to the shooter? I did find a little amusing that they had to drug Ella to get her focused. Well, not completely focused as apparently coke makes her crazier than before, and she needed some lady love to keep her head in the game.

Maybe the biggest thing was Chloe throwing herself on top of Lucifer to save her from the bomb blast. She "was willing to sacrifice herself" to save the devil. Who does that?

This plot was a mess. What are the odds that someone who completely disappeared years ago could be found and brought to the Lux in time to save the hostages? The little twist from victim to villain did not help.
The Eve thing has already gone on too long. We know it's going nowhere, so why stretch it out? I'm not warming to the character.
Maybe they need to devote an entire episode to Linda and Amenadiel.

When three people tell Lucifer to stop pretending to be something he's not, it looks like he takes it to heart.
Lucifer as purely the Devil might be a refreshing change. I don't expect it to last.
I find Eve, the partner in punishment, to be more interesting than Eve, the air-headed party girl. I would like to see the story behind Eve and Maze emerging from the penthouse elevator -- Eve toting a giant teddy bear; Maze holding a chainsaw, wearing a Miss Rodeo sash and bleeding from the nose. Probably a night to never remember.
Eve did get one of the best lines in this episode:"This world is full of dumbass rules, ... like ‘no drugs for breakfast’ and ‘put on some clothes’ "
How is it that celestial beings are forbidden to mate with humans, yet Dear Old Dad could father Jesus? A case of do as I say, not do as I do?
Also, did Lucifer deliver a killing kick to the perp in the final moment? Wouldn't that be a violation of the "no killing humans" rule?

How is it that celestial beings are forbidden to mate with humans, yet Dear Old Dad could father Jesus? A case of do as I say, not do as I do?

That's the thing. Nobody knows, but in Jesus case it was the Archangel Gabriel who visited Virgin Mary. The end result, God in disguise and man being stupidly ignorant. Amenediel made the baby before he got his wings back. Yet, now, a new celestial is being going to born in the City of Angels.

Linda is right, Lucifer is denying him being one of them, as much as Amenedial is denying that everything's going to be fine with Linda and the new celestial being. What I find strange is that nobody in Heaven knows what really happens on Earth.

Eve toting a giant teddy bear; Maze holding a chainsaw, wearing a Miss Rodeo sash and bleeding from the nose. Probably a night to never remember.

I did find the search in the nudist colony with all hidden, unspoken references played on the screen. They are almost going as boldly as what the Preacher has been doing in the past. I especially loved the interrogation in the hot pool. But about that scene, I do wonder where Maze got the Rodeo sash.

I find Eve, the partner in punishment, to be more interesting than Eve, the air-headed party girl.

Well, Eve did grow a lot in this episode. She even confessed about her past and how she sees things now. It makes me want to wish her happy second life, and tell her that the Devil is not right man for her, or for her needs.
I think this is the best episode of this season.

This is even better
Also, did Lucifer deliver a killing kick to the perp in the final moment? Wouldn't that be a violation of the "no killing humans" rule?

Eye to eye was one of God's law and Lucifer is from time before that. He wasn't given restrictions in the Hell, instead he had pretty much free hands to do whatever he wanted. But all of this leads back to Father Kingley as he quoted a prophesy to Chloe about "When Devils first love walks on Earth, evil is released."

Again as humongous things happens to our beloved Devil, his wings has turned to giant demonic wings, and not the angel ones he used to cut off. Dear old Dad can be as sarcastic as anyone of us, and He is playing the long game. I still believe that Father Kingley is the God in this series as he continues having supreme knowledge about the events and the Devil himself.

Maybe the reason for his predicament is that he is in human form, just like any other celestial beings, while they are on Earth. It's strange that Lucifer has not recognised it, but it might because Eve has been keeping him occupied.

Is there are chance that they are moving towards larger things and the possibility of having another season of Lucifer in the small screen?

I anticipated that the wings were going to be dramatic (maybe bright red feathers), but I didn't expect leathery bat wings.
No wonder poor Luce is so upset -- and just when he was getting back in touch with his angelic side. Dear Old Dad has a cruel sense of humor.
I found it funny that each of the women in his life is telling him that other is a bad influence on him. He's caught in a jealousy crossfire.
If Father Kinley is the Big Guy, he certainly is under deep cover as a mere priest. He should be in a higher position within the church with greater power to get his errant boy back in heaven.
The prophesy motivation seems a little weak. Still, the writers may plan to make his true identity a big reveal in the remaining episodes.
I was relieved to see that the Remiel arc was a short one. She was threatening to cut a baby from his mother's womb with what -- her double-pointed spear? The show really didn't need another celestial sibling with a limited understanding of the human race.
Holy Dad Almighty! How extensive is Lucifer’s extended family, anyway?
Why did no one react to this oddly-dressed, spear-carrying woman on the streets? Oh, I forgot. It’s L.A.
Dan and Ella were a surprise.

Reactions: ctg
With only three episodes remaining, burning time with Eve and Amenadiel makes me optimistic about Netflix greenlighting a fifth season.
The story of Eve has gotten more interesting, but Lucifer's efforts to break up with her were pure sit-com waste. Amenadiel's efforts to test his paternal qualifications were far more worthy of the time taken, managing to touch on current racial and educational controversies in the process.
Caleb's death was sad but not unexpected. I wondered if the celestial necklace was going to have life-restoring properties. It will certainly send the message that Caleb was special.

With only three episodes remaining, burning time with Eve and Amenadiel makes me optimistic about Netflix greenlighting a fifth season.

Nope. You will see in the final episode why, and also a clarification that Father Kingley isn't Dear old Dad.

The story of Eve has gotten more interesting, but Lucifer's efforts to break up with her were pure sit-com waste.

Oh yeah. I watched eight and then I watched nine, and the final episode. They are all closely linked to each other and they can be, or rather should be watched back to back. The whole second half of the season 4 explores Eve, Lucifer and Chloe relationship, while their characters grow more than what you've seen anyone doing in the past seasons. It feels like they really made effort on the second half, but allowed freedom to do old school stuff in the first half.

I wondered if the celestial necklace was going to have life-restoring properties. It will certainly send the message that Caleb was special.

I did wonder about that too, but if you remember last seasons, it's that celestial dagger. It will kill, as a certain judge would say in the History channel program. Caleb remains dead. No resurrection.

It's Netflix to the rescue once more! After the streaming giant picked up the cancelled and beloved Lucifer in 2018 and gave us a 10-episode fourth season full of incredible moments and upsetting twists, it's been confirmed that season 5 is definitely happening. Sadly, though, season 5 will be the last we see of the show. BUT it's so much more than we ever thought possible, so give yourselves a pat on the back if you joined in with the #SaveLucifer campaign - you earned it!

“We’re thrilled that Lucifer fans around the world have embraced this series on Netflix, and we can’t wait to give them the big finish they’ve all been waiting for,” Netflix said in a statement.

Executive producers Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson added “We are so incredibly thankful to Netflix for resurrecting our show last season, and now letting us finish the story of Lucifer on our terms. Most importantly, we want to thank the fans for their incredible passion and support. The best is yet to come!!”
Lucifer season 5 cast, plot and more

Nope. You will see in the final episode why, and also a clarification that Father Kingley isn't Dear old Dad.
:p
I finally watched the last two episodes of S4, so I didn't dare look at anything posted here since episode 8.
Hah! I knew things couldn't be satisfactorily resolved with so few episodes left in the can.
Lucifer sitting alone, atop his towering throne, back in his devilish domain, would have been a helluva an empty way to end the series -- especially after the love declaration -- three words fans have been waiting to hear from both sides for four seasons.
I loved how the demonic revolt fell flat after Mr. Scratch assumed his true form and gave them hell. Chloe's love-struck look at her "man" after he re-asserted his rightful authority and got his props was unmistakably foreshadowing.
So, how long must we wait before S5? :unsure: