Discussion thread -- January 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

Once in a while it's soberin' to recollect the folks who were here before us, so Droflet showed us the way they mighta seen things.

I reckon Mr Orange musta been talkin' to that Sam Clemens fella, since they both sure know how to juggle a load of words and make 'em funny.

There's a heap o' dangerous critters out there in the wild, and Glen gave us a warnin' about one of the ornieriest ones there is.

Last edited:
Glad I checked in this month to see what the topic was. I feel like I could write a couple dozen stories in this genre in an hour or two.

Took my inspiration from Marty Robbins' "Big Iron".

Great genre this month.

Thanks for the ehhh haaa, review, Victoria. You've outdone yourself this month. Bravo.

Just a reminder. The 100 word anonymous challenge closes tonight at midnight. If there's anyone considering entering then get over to the workshop forum...

Some pretty weird stories :cautious: very good everyone! It's gonna be real tough to vote this month.

Ok, I knew if I didn't get in quickly, someone was bound to get my idea. VB doesn't have my idea, quite, but maybe too close. Hmph. :D

Darn! Been trying to post my attempt for the past 2 days on a tablet, but paste just won't work :-( Will just have to wait till I can get to a regular computer.
Can't even put carriage returns in either in a post like this. Does anyone else experience these problems?

OK, it mostly works with Chrome, I just can't embolden the title. But at least it allowed me to paste in the text.

I can't paste anything in the forums on my tablet... But it's an iPad 1, so old i might as well be using a slab of stone (though not as old as my (non smart) phone (n) )

I wasn't sure how easy getting stories for this moth was guna be, on account of my writing being focussed elsewhere, but I've got a draft of this done in my lunch break yesterday... Only problem is there's not really any western in it yet, and hair kinda isn't a main focus... But it's got the 'wierd' element at least (y)

Yes I wasn't sure at first that I could think of anything but Deputy Dawg and muskie etc were childhood favourites. I would have made them muskrats but it turns out those are water loving, so it had to be a critter at home on the prairie.

Hair in Weird Western???? Wow...just wow. I will need all of my hair products for this one...

There was some old Greek fella back in the old days who made up yarns about critters. Figgered folks might learn somethin' from 'em. Looks like pambaddeley is keepin' up the tradition.

Some folks thought that what ratsy told us warn't fittin' for the likes of womenfolks. I gotta admit some of the dance hall gals got a kick out it.

I ain't got no head for scientifical learnin', so what Ihe talked about was mighty peculiar to me. But I shure knows an excitin' story when I hear one.

Last edited:

Back