Bloodhound Books open window

Congratulations on getting an offer even if you did have to refuse it - I'll not be entering this one myself as I don't have anything they might like.

Cheers for posting this (horror's a side order rather than my main course, but always good to be alerted to open windows).

Jo, feel free to tell me to go pick a fight with an angry weasel, but was it a hefty slice or a relatively small percentage? Just curious.

Cheers for posting this (horror's a side order rather than my main course, but always good to be alerted to open windows).

Jo, feel free to tell me to go pick a fight with an angry weasel, but was it a hefty slice or a relatively small percentage? Just curious.

It would have been a relatively small slice in the end, Thad - but film rights ordinarily remain with the author.

Ah, ok. Good stuff to know.

On the up side, their covers are good and they promote well within their means - I consistently see their facebook ads etc.

As with any publisher check out their books' finish,their amazon rankings and read the contract - and seek advice if you don't know what to avoid - carefully. And check them on Absolute Write.

Last edited:
Having taken a quick look, they are putting out the paperbacks via CreateSpace for their PoD. Makes me wonder about the % return on that for the author.

Having taken a quick look, they are putting out the paperbacks via CreateSpace for their PoD. Makes me wonder about the % return on that for the author.

Most small publishers do POD through either Lightning Source or Createspace, so percentage shouldn't be affected by that. However, only CS would worry me as bookstores and libraries can't order from them, which indicates the publisher has no bookstore distribution in place.

I looked up their books on Amazon and saw they were coming out as CS. Don't know either way about Lightning Source. Thanks for the info.

Back