Coming in 2017 - Waters and the Wild

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
finally have dotted my is and crossed my ts and can announce that my first fantasy book, Waters and the wild, will be coming out in 2017 with Inspired Quill.

Waters is more literary than my sci fi work. It's set in the glens of Antrim (Game of Thrones country - the end scene takes place in the sea caves where Melisande birthed the shadow baby) and involves a girl who's either mad, or hears fairies. She finds herself falling under the thrall of the voices and goes on a road trip through the glens, with a good-natured, often bemused, bloke called Simon. Hidden behind the voices are dark family secrets and an agenda that puts both her and Simon's life in danger.

That leaves 2016 free for me to concentrate on the Abendau series and I'm really looking forward to a year spent with Kare and co. :)

I hope you meant 2017 hours, because the year 2017 is an awful long ways away! :) Looking forward to this, and the Abendaus! CC

Ah, I remember this. Congrats, Jo :)

I hope you meant 2017 hours, because the year 2017 is an awful long ways away! :) Looking forward to this, and the Abendaus! CC

We could have went for a 2016 release but I thouhgt three books in a year was too much, even for me - my real life job still has to have priority over the writing (you know, eating, mortgage, that kind of thing...). So this will be my Abendau year and meanwhile I have a rewrite to finish and then either a sequel to Inish, or the start of a new series. Not enough hours in the day, frankly.... ;)

And thanks all!

either a sequel to Inish, or the start of a new series.
If I have a vote, I'd like a sequel to Inish. There's a lot of back story I'd like to understand in that book. ----- But you know me, I'm much more into the whys and hows, then the what happens; than an ordinary person. ---- That means I'm weird, not extraordinary!

Ha! You have no mercy....:)

If I have a vote, I'd like a sequel to Inish. There's a lot of back story I'd like to understand in that book. ----- But you know me, I'm much more into the whys and hows, then the what happens; than an ordinary person. ---- That means I'm weird, not extraordinary!

That would be my preference - the fantasy series will take up a lot more time. But it is dependant on sales of inish.

I think you're very normal! It is something I am taking on board and considering but, so far, I can't find a way around my close pov and extended world building. I might start s thread on it, actually...

I'd love another Inish story. Looking forward to your fantasy work.

Oh and I don't normally post reviews but I've done two recently. Brian's The Gathering and Jo's Abendau's Heir. Think I need a lie down now.

Thanks so much, Nixie.

I am working on a new fantasy at the mo - I have funding to write it so it has priority - and a couple of projects to tidy.

And then, I decided this week, I will be working on a sequel to Inish (and, yes, @Parson , I hope more of the world will be revealed). I love the characters and their voices - and have some fun stuff I want to do with it. :)

I just have to twist @Boneman 's arm and get him back on board as editor. Please...:)