What if You Took an Extinct Species Out Of Time And Dropped Them In the Present Era?

There are some species of Isopods in the deep sea that get to be the size of a soccer ball.
Interesting. Thanks, Baylor. I wasn't clear what an isopod was so I looked it up. For my fellow ignoramuses, they are a subset of crustacean and they do include some crawly, bettle-y looking species like the ones commonly called "pill bugs" that look rather like insects to the casual observer. And the most extreme examples actually even get up to 20 inches in diam which is about twice as big as a soccer or basket ball, or so saith Wikipedia: Giant isopod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, BTW, your basilosaurus does indeed sound like a serious bad-ass. I wonder if they completely died out or if they had descendants with extra features that outcompeted the old gaurd before turning into Flipper and Friends.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks, Baylor. I wasn't clear what an isopod was so I looked it up. For my fellow ignoramuses, they are a subset of crustacean and they do include some crawly, bettle-y looking species like the ones commonly called "pill bugs" that look rather like insects to the casual observer. And the most extreme examples actually even get up to 20 inches in diam which is about twice as big as a soccer or basket ball, or so saith Wikipedia: Giant isopod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, BTW, your basilosaurus does indeed sound like a serious bad-ass. I wonder if they completely died out or if they had descendants with extra features that outcompeted the old gaurd before turning into Flipper and Friends.

According to the fossil records Basilosaurus went extinct 34 million years ago . Their closest relative was Durodon which resembled them (except they were much smaller and food for them) died out at about the same time . They lacked the ability to dive deep nor could they echolocate which may have put them at a disadvantaged when the seas cooled 34 million years ago. In whale evolution they were a dead end and thus have no descending linage of any kind. Some think that Lock Ness and other sea monsters might be them, Im a bit skeptical on that one.

I do think that if you plunked them down in today's ocean , they could survive.

Last edited:
The Otodus Shark which was predecessor to Megalodon grew 30 feet which is larger then the largest recorded Great White shark. As big as it is, it could find enough food to survive in out era. :)

What if something like Jurassic world were to happen ? How would the Dinosaurs fare in our climate?

Somewhere in the vast lands of northern Canada or maybe Alaska. According to the material list it's a matter of when not if.

Back