New Website

Ian Whates

Author and Editor
Just to alert folk to the fact that I've just launched a new website for NewCon Press. There are still a few bells and whistles to be added, but all of NewCon's current titles are on there already (and there's even a gallery of those books that have been and gone). It's shiny! :)

Do let me know what you think.

NewCon Press - Welcome To NewCon Press

It looks good - but it would look better if you put more books on the homepage. :)

Also, might be an idea to be clearer of shipping costs. And perhaps sell at a discount compared to Amazon, especially as you don't have to figure in Amazon's fees. Just thinking aloud. :)

It's nice to see a site that focuses on the product, not on all the gimmicks used to make a website do more than it needs to. It's uncluttered. Enough to intrigue on the front page, (like Newcon authors do) encouraging you to 'turn the page'. Clear and easy to navigate, quick to load, looks good on the mobile too.

Note that the reason I was asking about the backend is that I'm curious how much control you have over the metadata. Right now, there isn't much, which will probably cause a SEO hit. Because you're selling books, I think you could really benefit from using Microdata. Google likes sites that use this these days.

See: Book - schema.org