Agents of SHIELD Season 3 in the UK?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Is Season 3 of Agents of SHIELD available in the UK yet? I checked the Channel 4 All4 website, but all they have is Season listed.

Or is Agents of SHIELD not yet showing in the UK?

I don't think it is.

For some reason, it's taking ages, having previously been quite close to the US release (likewise Gotham).

If they want to use the same timeslot, its current occupant, TFI Friday, is only on episode 6 of 10...

...which fits with this article on GeekTown:
Latest UK Premiere Date

UK Channel:
Channel 4
Latest/Next UK Season: 3
Latest/Next UK Premiere Date: No exact date/time - Early 2016 (TBC)

can I just say at this point that you really need to watch this - the series has gone (IMO)

S1 pt1 - ok(ish)
S1 pt2 - hmmm, getting better

S2 pt1 - good
S2 pt2 - very good

S3 pt1 - MUST WATCH!

I also often miss the start of things (fortunately, online catch-up means this can be rectified). Done it with 3-4 series of The Walking Dead (out of a possible 5), and a few other series.

In related news, Marvel UK has tweeted that the second series of Agent Carter will start on Fox UK on 24 January. So I'm guessing this and AOS will run more or less concurrently.

Unless I heard the announcement incorrectly -- it was during an advert break, I was paying attention to something else at the time -- Agents of SHIELD has been moved to E4 (and so won't be shown, at least on terrestrial TV, in HD :().

Marvel UK definitely tweeted that it would be E4, so you heard right.

Cheers :)

Now I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

The cast were live tweeting the series as it was shown in the US. I try to avoid this because spoilers, but sometimes can't help but read some stuff. From what I've seen, the series sounds seriously awesome.

That's one of the downsides of social media, but also highlights the stupidity of not broadcasting stuff simultaneously (or at least same day) in all territories. It makes spoilers more likely and piracy likewise.

I do love it that the cast takes the time to live tweet episodes, that they enjoy the show enough and want to engage with the audience. But it can be hard to avoid spoilers.

Won't spoil it, of course, but I did enjoy the first episode of series three.