Captain America: Civil War

Jaxx

Present
I can't wait for this, I put Winter Soldier in my top two Marvel films, if it wasn't for the unoriginal ending it'd be outright number one and this looks to be a brilliant continuation.

Anushka Mokosh

Matryona Marzanna
I really really can't wait for this one. This conflict has been brewing up for so long.

Camiedee

This film is going to be either great or terrible, I honestly don't think there will be any middle ground.

the_evil_ted

work is the curse of the drinking class
"Hey everyone!"

Did they just drop a major spoiler in the newest trailer?

the_evil_ted

work is the curse of the drinking class
Na, I knew that was coming. But maybe I shouldn't have quoted him... that was quite stupid of me.

I meant War Machine.

Culhwch

Lost Boy
Staff member
That's not new footage (at least, not the mask-ripping-off) - I think that was in the very first teaser, even. The shot of him being hit is new, though, I think. I very much doubt he is dead, though. They wouldn't spoil that in the trailers.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I still haven't seen The Winter Soldier, so i'm on catch up.

This does look very good, though.

Culhwch

Lost Boy
Staff member
Anyone else think that Spider-man looks out of place in this universe? All the other heroes have been dulled down to make them more realistic, and then here's Spider-man looking like he stepped straight off the pages of a comic book.

Frost Giant

Culhwch: "Anyone else think that Spider-man looks out of place in this universe?"
Maybe a little, but they have still portrayed Cap in a version of his spangly uniform. I'm just hoping the actor they have playing Spidey can pull it off. We'll know soon enough!

Culhwch

Lost Boy
Staff member
Culhwch: "Anyone else think that Spider-man looks out of place in this universe?"
Maybe a little, but they have still portrayed Cap in a version of his spangly uniform. I'm just hoping the actor they have playing Spidey can pull it off. We'll know soon enough!
Honestly, I think Cap looks best in the more muted tones, like at the start of Winter Soldier. Bright colours just don't look right in a live action superhero film, at least not to my eye.

Frost Giant

I agree with you on the muted tones, especially when he's in WW2 combat situations. They seemed to brighten up Cap's color scheme a little for Avengers. I'm still hoping Spiderman will go in a similar direction, if not in this film, then maybe down the road.

Juliana

Juliana Spink Mills. "No capes!"
Supporter
Anyone else think that Spider-man looks out of place in this universe? All the other heroes have been dulled down to make them more realistic, and then here's Spider-man looking like he stepped straight off the pages of a comic book.
Color schemes apart, James Gunn seems to approve of the new Spidey... James Gunn Calls Tom Holland "The Best" Spider-Man, Praises "Civil War"

I'm looking forward to a new interpretation of Spider-Man; I don't think either of the past two series got it right. I'd like to see him played more like the mouthy teen from the Spectacular Spider-Man TV show. ;)