6.06: The Walking Dead - Always Accountable

the-walking-dead-episode-606-daryl-reedus-2-935.jpg

Daryl during the chase scene. It seems quite a bit of footage has been cut out during the editing process of this season.

the-walking-dead-episode-606-daryl-reedus-3-935.jpg

Daryl, Honey and D. I have to say Daryl made quite nice looking bike from the pieces lying in the garage. Too bad he lost it, but a petrol carrier is a nice trade-off in exchange.

the-walking-dead-episode-606-abraham-cudlitz-2-935.jpg

Abraham and a trapped zombie. How did he end hanging there is a bit of mystery.

All photos Gene Page/AMC
http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/extras/the-walking-dead-season-6-episode-photos#/63

Last edited:
First, I'd like to know how far Darryl, Sasha and Abe led the zombies before driving off. If it isn't that far - five to ten miles, say - then the mysterious antagonists of this episode make a third organised group, alongside the Alexandrians and the Wolves, inside what seems to be a pretty small radius, who up until this point haven't run into each other, even though they all seem to scouts/foragers/psychopathic murderers. Again, this goes back to the hazy geography we're getting in this season.

Indeed. It's better to just have blinders on when we are thinking about the geography as it makes absolutely no sense, and as I say above, it seems a lot of footage is on a cutting-room floor. Another point is forty five minutes is only forty five or under as it has been so far in number of episodes. I wish they would move on and start bringing this set together as there's only two episodes left before the break.

Could it be that the Wolves have just recently moved to the area?

Nope. They have been in the area for a while. You can clearly see it from the evidence we've seen in this and in the previous season. You just don't set up zombie traps in the trailers with a snap of fingers. Nor do you carve a W on their forehead. Somebody might put up a fight.

Indeed. It's better to just have blinders on when we are thinking about the geography as it makes absolutely no sense, and as I say above, it seems a lot of footage is on a cutting-room floor. Another point is forty five minutes is only forty five or under as it has been so far in number of episodes. I wish they would move on and start bringing this set together as there's only two episodes left before the break.

It was supposed to have been 20 miles before the drop off point, so I'm assuming that the people that they ran into at this point are a different group to the Wolves, particularly as they didn't have 'W' inscribed on their foreheads. Unless this was the upper echelon of the Wolves leadership, and from the way they acted, they certainly can't be the brains of the operation. I'd guess it's yet another group that will be thrown into the mix toward the end of this season or the next.

Nope. They have been in the area for a while. You can clearly see it from the evidence we've seen in this and in the previous season. You just don't set up zombie traps in the trailers with a snap of fingers. Nor do you carve a W on their forehead. Somebody might put up a fight.

I'd assumed that the wolves were a slow moving travelling community rather than a static one. Their signs and attacks began in Georgia, and they are now in Virginia, so it looks like the Wolves followed them there. Although again, the fact that they jumped between the two places, some 800-900 km apart, within the space of half an episode, makes the whole timeline difficult to follow.

It was supposed to have been 20 miles before the drop off point, so I'm assuming that the people that they ran into at this point are a different group to the Wolves, particularly as they didn't have 'W' inscribed on their foreheads. Unless this was the upper echelon of the Wolves leadership, and from the way they acted, they certainly can't be the brains of the operation.

The people, who came to forest was definitely Wolves. But as the US of A is so big we can fairly easily assume there are other gangs, who would prey mercilessly upon the faithless people. However, I don't think Kirkman and others are going to introduce another menace at this point as it would only confuse readers ... er ... watchers. Also the man, who chopped off the arm is definitely the villain of this season. Otherwise, there's a no point on cutting his face off from the season.

Although again, the fact that they jumped between the two places, some 800-900 km apart, within the space of half an episode, makes the whole timeline difficult to follow.

It has been stated in the critiques and in the writing forum that there's a little to no point on showing the walking. In fact, it was raised late in the last season people were getting fed up of Rick's group walking everywhere and not staying in many places - they could have - after Eugene's revelation. So, I think the writers might have taken a hint and cut off some of that story, for the sake of pacing, in this season.