shoe shopping must commence!

nice work Jo
please do blog to give us the "low down" (I suppose I mean cost and sales numbers)

I will! I'm working on it but wanted to get Book Barbarian's hits into it, which ran yesterday. They picked Inish as one of their Top Picks, as it happens, lovely people, and it did well again - and this time America was also included and I'm in two top 100s in the US. Since that means the subject matter is translating (and a lot of you Americans like your Oirish books, right?) I might well try for a US bookbub if I was lucky enough to get another run at it next year. :)

I'll meet your number 8 and raise it by a number 4 in all SciFi, @FibonacciEddie!

Jo bestseller lists.jpg

A good read. Also, the short version of the link makes it sound like you're a warrior-woman :p

Congratulations, Jo! Wow!!! :) But you work so hard, and write so beautifully, of course you are going to be a big success!! Happy news, well done! CC

Can't wait to see what sort of reviews you get from the wider public. :)

They have been coming in over the last day or two. I am reading between my hands, but they've been good. A couple of three stars* on Goodreads, and a nice short review, and a good blog review. One thing that picked up on, by the way, for all the potential self publishers was that the text was mostly error free and the formatting and finish was professional. It does make a difference.

* - Amazon and Goodreads have a different review system - which is why Goodreads ratings are often lower. 3 is pretty middle of the road on Amazon, and generally seen as a didn't-entirely-enjoy, whereas on Goodreads it's a positive rating (and the review that accompanied one of them showed this.)

So, um.. not too bad. :) So far...

There are some upsides to reviews that aren't perfect.

For a start, the catch-22 of some people seeing uniformly good reviews and assuming they're paid/friends+family gets diminished/destroyed. And you might find more constructive criticism.

I agree with Thaddeus6th, if I run across a book with a low number of reviews less than 10 or maybe 15, I would think that if all the reviews are 5 stars that we either have people who willy-nilly give a 5 star, or else they were trying to help out the author and would not consider giving a review less than 5 stars.

Woooopppeeeeee! Great news Jo. It could not have happened to a more hard working author. Let's hope for lots more.

It is? Oh, that's good then. Right? Ah, where's it popping up? Remember I'm a cripple when it comes to social media. :sick:

Can't wait to see what sort of reviews you get from the wider public. :)

These have been coming in now, particularly over the last couple of days. So far, very good. I now have 18 reviews on Amazon UK, all 5 with one 4 star and comments have been very good, so far. Goodreads has dropped a bit but it has a different star-allocation so I'm very happy with where it is (4.4).

I have to say, it does help confidence, when people I don't know like the books. But, of course, some won't - and that's something I'm hoping the better reviews help me ride out!