Supergirl

It's even better than series 1 - yay:D

Agreed, though
I miss Cat. I can understand the actress not wanting to move to Vancouver, though.

I can't wait for the 4-way crossover that's happening in a couple of weeks: 4 shows, 4 days, Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. Thank goodness I'm all caught up with them all!

(Warning! Trailer may contain spoilers for other shows.)

Hey, so, like, supergirl and man both get their powers because of earth's yellow sun. do they ever mention the colour of krypton's sun?

I'm enjoying this, though I can appreciate why some viewers haven't. The things I didn't care for with Melissa Benoist when she was in Glee -- yeah, guilty pleasure, so sue me -- work for me as Supergirl, the shyness, the nervous laugh, the hand gestures (they do echo Christopher Reeve but may also be part of her bag of tricks). The interaction between her and Chyler Leigh (sp?) also works for me and I like that Kara/Supergirl is a bit less self-confident than her sister, it offered some interesting chances for character growth for both. I was glad they dropped the romance with Jimmy Olsen -- both actors work better without that.

Randy M.

I've been super enjoying this one -- it's got a lot of sweetness and light to it that other superhero shows lack, and the female relationships are really brilliantly written. The musical episode this season was an absolute highlight, and I've been digging all the random and yet enjoyable Hamilton nods.

Okay, sorry for the raising of the dead thread, but I pretty much binge-watched the 4th Season of Supergirl, and, wow!

I thought Season 3 was good, but a little lacking in parts. I'm still not always convinced by the crossovers, as the writing seems to get a bit lost, but this latest season was otherwise brilliant. Two episodes in particular, Stand and Deliver, and American Dreamer, had my emotion settings on brimming.

I've always liked how this show is so focused on family, both born and, particularly, found. Bring on Season 5. Now, if we can just get Season 4 of Wynonna Earp finished, and on TV as well, I'll be a very happy soul.

I can't wait for the 4-way crossover that's happening in a couple of weeks [...] Thank goodness I'm all caught up with them all!
All four shows are available for free on terrestrial media in the UK:
  • The Flash (Pick**): season four ended a few weeks ago.
  • Supergirl (Pick): season three ended a few weeks ago (so in step with the Flash, which started a year earlier).
  • Legends of Tomorrow (Pick): season two ended a few months back.
These shows are show five episodes a week, and mostly not at the same toime. (Flash/s4 and SG/Ss3 were shown in adjecent timeslots.) This meant that the 4-way crossovers didn't really work for these shows, but the problem was compounded because:
  • Arrow (Paramount Network***): the last episode of season two is shown tonight. (As far as I can tell, Barry Allen is still in a coma in Central City.) Arrow is shown one-episode a week, so the timing issue is not going to go away.
Okay, if one wants to pay for the shows, or can see them via a package one already has, or knows another way of seeing them for free that allows synchronised watching, that's obviously fine.

This means, for example, that I have, on my Humax Freeview Play recorder, episodes 1 and 3 of Crisis on Earth-X, but not episodes 2 and 4....

** - PIck is a channel owned by Sky. (Apprently, it was originally called Sky 3 and provided a "shop window" service to attract customers to Sky.

*** - Paramount Network is, in the UK, part of the Channel 5 (owned by Viacom) package of channels.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Intern E.T. General TV Discussion 9
R Graphic Novels & Comics 8
R General Film Discussion 4