The TransAtlantic Fan Fund is Looking for European Candidates until December the 11th, 2015!

Deep Space Nina

As one of the current admins, I proudly announce the new call for candidates for the TAFF! Feel free to ask any questions about it. I am Austrian and I had the time of my life on my trip this summer!

taff-620x264.jpg

Here a short info:

The Trans-Atlantic Fan Fund (TAFF) was created in 1953 for the purpose of providing funds to bring well-known and popular science fiction fans familiar to those on both sides of the ocean across the Atlantic.
Since that time TAFF has regularly brought North American fans to European conventions and European fans to North American conventions. TAFF exists solely through the support of fandom.

The next race will be from East (Europe) to West (North America). The next candidate will be from Europe and will hopefully attend MidAmericon II in Kansas City in August 2016. The nomination period is open now and will end on midnight (GMT), on the 11th of December. The chairs of the next two Worldcons have agreed to provide accommodation and membership for their conventions and we humbly thank them for doing so. The flight will be paid by the fund.

More info can be found here: http://scifiportal.eu/call-for-candidates-taff/

In case you want to stand, please read the info and also click the links. We are looking forward to an exciting race!

That is good to know, I hope it was fun to read! - In case you want to run yourself (I saw that you´re from England), please consider doing so.