The Power of Love by Samanda R. Primeau

Glitch

Supporter
The Power of Love by Samanda R. Primeau

There was no angel. Julius looked around the sterile, green hospital room in disbelief. The room, he remembered, smelled of disinfectants and latex; he couldn’t smell it now, of course, but his original self, over there by the bed, had locked that smell away in the back of his brain as a permanent reminder of the death of baby Cecillia. It was just as strong in Julius’s memory as it had been that day. He watched as Meg’s tears rolled down her cheeks in silent agony, as young Julius hovered helplessly. The doctor gently folded the blanket over their sweet, sweet baby Cecillia and put his stethoscope back in his pocket. Julius examined every corner of the room, again, but could find no angel. With a final, shuddering sigh, he flickered back to his own time.

Read more... http://www.kraxon.com/the-power-of-love/

Aww, thanks!

I should add some thanks for my lovely beta readers, with a really special "thank you thank you" to the super-beta reader, @Droflet, without whom this story would never have made it. :love:

Shucks Dusty, you are too kind. At moments like this I wish I could blush. By the way, will we be seeing this in the next issue of Kraxon?

Good Lord I'm a dolt. Oh, and by the way: Woooooooppppppppeeeee! I am so happy for you Dusty. I know how much effort and dare I say, pain, you put into this. So it's doubly deserved.

Back