Star Wars 7 Crashes Movie Ticket Sites in Presales

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
We all know the trailer is out. We all know the movie is less than two months away. We all know there will be Star Wars everything from here on out. We all think we know what the movie will be about. But what's interesting is what happened today on movie ticket sites (yes they still exist).

http://deadline.com/2015/10/demand-...r-tickets-crashes-fandango-others-1201588246/

The film eclipsed “The Dark Knight Rises,” “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” and “Avengers,” which each earned around $1 million for their first reported presales.

So basically according to this. Star Wars 7 has already made 8X more $ than the highest grossing presale movie. What's more? Star Wars 7 has already sold more presale tickets than The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, and the last Hunger Games combined!!!! Now, that is insane. If this is any indication of what real Money the movie will make. I think the sky is no longer the limit :)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ticket-sales-1201621977/

I believe that there is talk of the possibility of a Billion dollar opening weekend.

well, good for Disney.

Supposedly it cost towards $200 million. Sounds like peanuts when looking at those sort of numbers. Though how much does the film studio get back from that $x billion?

Luckily I get to go on friday morning as work booked a cinema screen. Not bad! Well, at least I hope the movie isn't bad...

Supposedly it cost towards $200 million. Sounds like peanuts when looking at those sort of numbers. Though how much does the film studio get back from that $x billion?

Luckily I get to go on friday morning as work booked a cinema screen. Not bad! Well, at least I hope the movie isn't bad...

Consider also that they bought Star Wars for 4 Billion. If one movie makes 2 Billion out of that, and then the next two movies do a Billion not including VIII and IX. That means they will make profits off VII and IX.

Remember the studio does NOT get 100% of the ticket sales. $200 million in ticket sales does not cancel $200 million of production costs.