Blindspot - NBC TV Series

Yeah, it's fairly interesting. Not entirely sure how plausible/plot is going to work out (the tattoos being cracked just in time for a future event...what if the wrong tattoo gets worked out? ) but I am enjoying it :)

It's a good show but not a great one .

Yep, about to go watch it now. I think the lead woman is great and the rest of the cast is not bad. The show is a painfully ordinary cop show underneath it all, which doesn't make it unwatchable but I'm hoping it gets better and reverses from "a cop show with a twist" to "a weird and traumatized woman happens to become a pseudo-cop" and utilizes its potential better. IOW, I was eagerly anticipating it and am somewhat disappointed, but still along for the ride so far.

I am also enjoying this series. I am baffled as to how anyone could be on the inside of so many plots. I keep thinking that this might end in some kind of a "bad dream" ending. I don't see anyway it can logically work out. I taped tonight's show I'm about to watch it.

I've been watching it (it has Themistocles and Sif after all;)). It's entertaining, but I am a bigger fan of The Blacklist.

I have continued watching Blindspot and I believe that the show is getting better rather than worse. One of the big early weaknesses was that they would deduce the meaning of a tattoo and then get after the bad guys. The last couple of shows find them involved in something and discover that the discovery has a relation to one of "Jane's" tattoos. A much more likely scenario. This show is rapidly growing on me.

I've sort of been watching it, and rather enjoy it to. I agree with Parson about the tattoo issue and am glad at the way it is panning out.

That being said, putting aside the plausibility of someone knowing enough about so many different things to tattoo and have them relevant, my worry would be in the longevity of a series. If it goes for five years, how would anyone know to tattoo something that far in advance?

Last night the show took a serious upgrade in tension with the "boyfriend" getting killed, and the sexual tension between the leads heating up. They have given us a promise of a fall season conclusion next week.

I've often maintained that the idea of how a show is to last is one of the last things the producers worry about. Anything to get it on now, let tomorrow worry about tomorrow.

I've been watching the show and have been trying to decide if there must be some sort of Time Travel arc to the whole thing.

I'm also still trying to figure out what kind of blind spot the title refers to and if this bears significance in the whole as in:
Is Jane sent to be a blind spot by pointing in specific directions.
Is Jane there to point toward the blind spots.

Whoever put the tattoo's there has to either be predicting the future or have access to a single project that has multiple threads that lead to something larger and they threw Jane out as a breadcrumb to help the FBI follow the progression. It could be that it's leading to a blind spot in the government organizations that the FBI are unaware of.

Oh Dan, that's such a good speculation..... I'd been thinking a little bit about the title as well, but not as clearly as you have.

I like that too. I have two admit I have been looking at things a little to simply. I saw the blindspot as just being Jane. With no real memories and not knowing what was going on around her she was pretty much a blank slate, a literal blind spot.

I like Dan's hypothesis a lot more.

I'd been looking forward to this for a while. Trailers have been coming on telly for a while. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting the name so in my head it's become known simply as "Woman in a Bag";)
trying to decide if there must be some sort of Time Travel arc to the whole thing
I've only seen the first episode, but I got the sense early on that they'd probably play the Time Travel card. With the way the story progressed, it certainly seems like a fair possibility, although I wonder if it isn't too easy to explain the whole central question of how did the woman get in the bag and why.

An alternative to @tinkerdan's hypothesis, just for giggles, is that the bearded dude is a bad guy and has just decided to thin down the field a bit (making it similar to the Blacklist, I guess), you know, seek retribution for being betrayed, left off the christmas card list, etc. Or he could be a good guy masquerading as a bad guy who's more bad than all the other bad guys...

Is Jane there to point toward the blind spots.
Mmm, that would be my guess, too. Perhaps some critical weakness in the government's antiterrorism efforts - e.g. security isn't set up to deal with lone attackers who aren't part of a cell/network.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how it develops.

very disappointed. The one option I hoped they wouldn't use "it was yooouuuuuu!", and they did. *sigh* never mind, maybe they can pull it back

I bloomin well hope so. I'm only just still watching it. *angry face*

Yep, just hanging in myself. Much prefer Limitless. It's going in good directions. This, meh.

"Limitless" can't hold a candle to this. I HATE that campy feel. It feels like a bad take of what I consider a bad movie, "Ferris Brueller's Day Off." I am watching it, but each time they go off on one of those tangents. Last week's show was epic in that direction, I thought a couple times why bother. But like Droflet I am just hanging in there, but with "Limitless," not "Blindspot." I am mesmerized by her eyes and wounded demeanor. This is tier 1 acting!

As to the red herring, I don't think so at all. There have been hints of this from the very beginning. And it will still leave the question of "Why?" and "How?" It's the "how" question that really opens the door to a time travel arc. But I doubt they will do that either. I'm still afraid of it ending, like "Lost" or was it called "Mars?" where the whole show was actually some sort of a dream.

Added truth: This is the first season in years where I watching 3 network television shows. I am also watching Supergirl, I like it a little better than Limitless although it can sometimes degenerate into that hated "campy" feel. What I like best about it is the sense of family that is so strong in a Fantasy setting. Which is something I seldom see on T.V.

What's Limitless? I haven't heard of it - is it a new show?
was it called "Mars?"
Not sure what the US version was called, but the original UK series was called "Life on Mars" (after the Bowie song). And yes, the whole-thing-was-a-dream type resolution is super-lame. Not as bad as what they did in the final Twilight film though.

Yes, Limitless is a new T.V. show. (CBS) in which a man takes a pill and for a few hours every neuron of his brain is available to him. IMO the back story is very interesting and it's what keeps me watching, the actual episodes (see above.)

Thanks -- yes indeed "Life on Mars." Never much listened to David Bowie so that connection never registered with me.