Favourite Moments In Movies

I like the scene in Aliens when the Marines have just escaped and are discussing going back intro the hive or not and that Hudson character begins saying he's not going back in. In fact many of the scenes I enjoyed had this guy saying hilarious yet believable things that I would probably say myself under those circumstances. "Seventeen days? We're not going to last seventeen hours..." "Why don't you put her in charge?" "Yeah, yeah Let Bishop do it!" "We're on an express elevator to hell-straight down!" "How could they turn off the power, they're animals." "How do I get out of this chicken-sh*t outfit?" LOL! Great acting job by Bill Paxton playing the goofy, nervous Hudson.

Agreed! But, he was 'there', when the fighting started!
That typical human inconsistency is what makes him even more believable as a character. That is far more preferable and far more believable than having to watch actors who don't even break a sweat in hair-raising situations they are supposedly encountering.

The final shootout at the end of the film: classic showdown, trademark Eastwood
Weird how he didn't go back to get revenge when he was beaten up but went back when his friend was murdered.

Straying a bit from the Western themes above, La Dolce Vita's Trevi Fountain scene - Anita Ekberg taunting Marcello Mastroianni as both get soaked in the fountain.
Or the Yardbirds (for anyone who remembers them) in the club scene in Blowup.

Serenity - as the reavers emerge from the ion cloud in the final battle
The operatives smug face change when he finally doesn't see something coming
'Target the reavers, target the reavers. Target everyone. Somebody fire!'

Special mention to "The Matrix"

A great story, terrific sfx (that still stand up to today's standards) and many great scenes. But if I had to pick three......

The lobby scene, with Neo & Trinity walking through the metal detectors and giving the security guards a hard time!

"Bullet Time", incorporating Trinity's "Dodge This!"

The finale where Neo realises once and for all he is Numero Uno!

Men of Harlech anthem from Zulu

Zulu doesn't actually use the real lyrics to Men of Harlech, for some reason they made some up, though there are actually a couple of different "official" versions.

There is a lot of argument as to which siege of Harlech the Song is about, whether it was 1481 one, or the 1408 one during the Welsh War of Independence, given the lyrics, the 1408 seems more likely, since they are about "the Saxon's Courage breaking" and "Cambria will never yield"

This is it in Welsh ;)

Everybody Knows song/clip from Justice League
One of the rare pieces of modern film that brings me close to tears whenever I see it.
The song has the perfect amount of longing and desolation to put you right in to the mood of the rest of the film.
As one YouTube comment put it... "This song alone is darker than the entire MCU"
Sigrid has a huge voice! The music drives it on relentlessly without ever dominating.
And I didn't think anyone could sing this better than Leonard Cohen.
I tried to find the clip for the original film but copyright seems to be getting in the way.
The video below may include elements from the new Snyder cut of the film