Tutankhamun's tomb could contain Nefertiti burial?

Hmmm. There's a couple of very telling quotes in there:
Ever since March, when Watanabe released some images from his scans, other radar experts have offered a great deal of criticism. “I tell you, everybody I talked to who is in the GPR business just rolled their eyes and said, ‘There’s nothing here at all,’” Lawrence Conyers, the author of Ground-Penetrating Radar for Archaeology, said. A number of experts said that radar can’t distinguish “organic” material, as Watanabe claimed.
and
Goodman noted that Watanabe has not released his raw data for review. When interviewed at last weekend’s conference, Watanabe said that after more than 40 years of working with radar, he has customized his equipment to such a degree that its data is unreadable to others.
That's some pretty serious hubris being shown in the second quote. I'd say it's not looking good for this particular idea. Shame, I was quite excited about it...

Last edited:
@Vertigo -- I liked the post but was disappointed in the ending which now seems inevitable. Sigh!

Also hopefully the spirits in the tomb won't be irritated by all this radar waking them and take some sort of apocalyptic revenge on the living world.

Then again, they'd make GREAT guests on Late Night

When they do find Nefertiti, her head will probably be the same shape as her statues.

nefertitiskull.jpg

Interesting....

<tin foil hat on> wasn't there also a theory that Carter and Carnarvon didn't discover the tomb of Tutankhamun in 1922 but rather that they discovered it in 1914. During these eight years Carter and Carnarvon are thought to have quietly plundered the tomb and then waited, anxiously, for an ideal time to stage a fake unveiling, hoping all the while that no one stumbled into the tomb and claimed it as their own discovery. In this case they had accessed the tomb from another tunnel (see below) and had worked out where the entrance should be.

It interesting that Carter actually stated that he noticed that the entrance door had been hastily resealed twice before by the Egyptians. Therefore it meant the tomb had been robbed at least two times shortly after it was built. Thus he noted that while the robberies had stolen an estimated 60% of the treasures, one of the thieves appear to have been caught red-handed: a knotted scarf filled with eight gold rings within had been left behind in one of the chambers.

Is it possible that he was 'false flagging' what he actually knew had taken place in the preceding few years? Had he placed the knotted scarf himself (or interpreted it that way???) just to throw suspicion on another source?

They were of course limited in the type of items he could take - no big chariots or tables! (Although one should wonder why the chariots were in bits, which seems a bit odd...did they in fact try to take the delicate frames out but were defeated by the small size of their access tunnels, therefore left it cut up behind?)

But there are some very interesting small pieces of jewellery that are not marked as being from Tutankhamun's tomb, but could, or perhaps should have been there, that are currently part of major collections.

I believe the idea is that one of these detected 'secret chambers' is actually the tunnel that Carter dug to originally access the tomb.

:rolleyes::whistle::D

Am I the only one left thinking that a sledge hammer would have been a far cheaper means to establish what was behind the wall? ;)

Though I agree with the views aired above that when a scientist refuses putting their data/work up for peer review; makes a very very bold claim to great discovery and also states that no one else would understand their method then it sends up vast red flags about the potential validity of their claims. Even accepting that the news article watered down the original comments the lack of proper peer review of the data is a red flag in itself.

Shame that there wasn't anything hidden, though at the same time I think stuff like this should be pushed in schools far more so. Not so much to show good science nor new discoveries; but rather to show the up and coming generations how much work there still is to do on sites that are often presented as "found and done" in education and general documentary TV shows. That they are still investigating a Tomb found decades ago is in itself amazing.

Shame that there wasn't anything hidden, though at the same time I think stuff like this should be pushed in schools far more so. Not so much to show good science nor new discoveries; but rather to show the up and coming generations how much work there still is to do on sites that are often presented as "found and done" in education and general documentary TV shows. That they are still investigating a Tomb found decades ago is in itself amazing.

This is slightly OT, but bear with me...

So I got into a slight philosophical bad mood on Saturday, as I passed some nutter trying to sell the idea that the Earth was flat, gravity doesn't exist etc. (with flyers, posters and other advertising near the middle of Edinburgh University....) :devilish:

...then I saw the 'documentary' Ancient Aliens yesterday.

I became internally apoplectic.

A series of guys trying to sell their latest book, led by the Granddaddy of ancient aliens 'research', Erich von Daniken.

Talking nonsense, pretending to be scientists but wilfully ignoring evidence, or more often than not, just making it up.

(as an anecdote to them I heartily recommend this:
It's very long, but really it's broken up into small segments looking at individual cases)

Of the Ancient Aliens program, I could only handle ten minutes of people telling me it was amazing that different cultures in different times had built pyramids. Clearly it was because an alien had told all of them the basic design plans. OR perhaps it was because we humans, when trying to build something huge and monumental had worked out that the pyramid made perfect sense. :devilish::devilish:

:ROFLMAO:

I just happen to be in a bad mood with such vibes at this particular moment :). Normally I love a good tinfoil hat theory.

I keep thinking of a certain South Park episode where the boys find out that Planet Earth is a popular reality tv series enjoyed by aliens throughout the galaxy.

This is slightly OT, but bear with me...

So I got into a slight philosophical bad mood on Saturday, as I passed some nutter trying to sell the idea that the Earth was flat, gravity doesn't exist etc. (with flyers, posters and other advertising near the middle of Edinburgh University....) :devilish:

...then I saw the 'documentary' Ancient Aliens yesterday.

I became internally apoplectic.

A series of guys trying to sell their latest book, led by the Granddaddy of ancient aliens 'research', Erich von Daniken.

Talking nonsense, pretending to be scientists but wilfully ignoring evidence, or more often than not, just making it up.

(as an anecdote to them I heartily recommend this:
It's very long, but really it's broken up into small segments looking at individual cases)

Of the Ancient Aliens program, I could only handle ten minutes of people telling me it was amazing that different cultures in different times had built pyramids. Clearly it was because an alien had told all of them the basic design plans. OR perhaps it was because we humans, when trying to build something huge and monumental had worked out that the pyramid made perfect sense. :devilish::devilish:

:ROFLMAO:

Agree.

The was a program attempting to prove that the people of Central America were related to Egyptians ‘because they both built pyramids’.

The thing is, if you want to build a giant structure, trial and error will teach you that a pyramid is the most stable shape - no matter where you live.

Agree.

The was a program attempting to prove that the people of Central America were related to Egyptians ‘because they both built pyramids’.

The thing is, if you want to build a giant structure, trial and error will teach you that a pyramid is the most stable shape - no matter where you live.

It sounds like something out Eric Von Danikens' Chariots of the Gods

There was a little remembered 1961 science fction film The Lost Continent which the survivors of Atlantis built the pyramids of in Egypt and Central America . Its the stuff of fiction.

@Cathbad i especially like the guy with Kramer ala Seinfeld hair :p
@BAYLOR i saw these articles too, and was initially excited as well...what a bummer/letdown

also..Atlantians didnt build pyramids? damn, what next? i guess dragons didnt eat virgins either. for shame. whats the world coming to?

@Cathbad i especially like the guy with Kramer ala Seinfeld hair :p
@BAYLOR i saw these articles too, and was initially excited as well...what a bummer/letdown

also..Atlantians didnt build pyramids? damn, what next? i guess dragons didnt eat virgins either. for shame. whats the world coming to?

There is no possible connection between the Egypitians and the various advanced cultures in Central and South America.