3.01 Laws of Nature

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
Holy uncontrollable Inhuman chaos! This show really returned with a bang, or more like a series of bangs.

The opening scene made me think a full-scale war had erupted between seasons, when all that was happening was a minor Inhuman meltdown. Cool, no make that, hot power, though. I liked what he did to the weapons.

The rocket-propelled elevator to Coulson's new flying command post was great. Lucky for Mr. Melt that his sky ride was heat-resistant.

Looks like another mutual "were not the bad guys, you're the bad guys" tussle between SHIELD and the goons of Boss Lady Rosalind, who seems to be in command of everything. Someone (not us!) is finding and killing the Inhumans.

The real bad guy seems to be that giant black cloud with bristles blasting holes in hospital walls. I was surprised that it took the combined powers of Daisy and Lincoln, plus a few hundred well-placed bullets from Mack, to discourage this determined creature.

The big reveal of the episode, saved of course, for the last minutes, is that Simmons is still alive. She wasn't sucked into the Kree monolith, but through it, and deposited on a desolate planet "on the other side of the Universe," wherever that might be. Looks like Fitz's dogged pursuit of the secret to cracking the monolith will be the only route to getting her back.

Simmons will be back. It was promised. Just in what form is the question, because Coulson is right, she should be dead, as humans and alien planets doesn't go well together. Still it was awesome to see that gigantic alignment of the other moon and the gas giant. Or is it the gas giant?

2p0gDAB.jpg

I just wish they would left it at this.

gpiLnT2.jpg

The rage he went through was awesome. It stole the show even if Coulson said, "I'm going through my third hand." LOL :D

Fitz is increasingly becoming the best thing about this show, for me. De Caestecker's doing a fantastic job.

Having only seen this on Sunday, I have to say I really enjoyed it.

As well as the action, and the ever more complicated plot(s), I liked the bit where Mr Melt accused S.H.I.E.L.D. of having spied on him, and they explained that they'd got all his personal data from his Facebook page.

Reactions: ctg
I really enjoyed it. An excellent start to the series, I thought. The only thing that was missing was Ward.

Great episode - full of pace and tension. Was concerned that Rosalind was just another gratuitous antagonist, but the reveal that she wasn't killing Inhumans and accused Coulson of that was interesting.

Liked that Sky is now known as Daisy, and her attempts to calm Joey. Also a great little detail that he was gay and this was treated as normative. Additionally, that he compared having to hide his powers as equivalent to previously having to hide his sexuality is a leap that even X-Men never properly made.

Also - cool new ship! But - if SHIELD is no longer seen to exist, then where are they getting their funding and technology production/development from? It was an important plot point in Season 2 that they had no funds - so where are they coming from now? Or shouldn't I ask? :)

Btw, my eldest daughter named the hunter from the hospital scene, so I suspect this is an established comic character - I'll ask her for the name. And she identified the planet at the end as Kree, which is what I'd have guessed at.

Aye, excellent start to the third series.

Brian, your eldest daughter is suspiciously knowledgeable. Maybe she's a SHIELD agent.

Or in Hydra :p