2.02 Gotham - Knock, Knock

ctg

weaver of the unseen
gotham-season-2-maniax-jerome-camerone-monaghan.jpg

I know some of you have said Jerome isn't the Joker, but after watching this episode I cannot but think he has so, so many similarities to this infamous manic. Although, he is still finding the style to top Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger and Mark Hamilton (Joker's voice actor in Arkham game series), he is showing a little bit promise of reaching the high ... or failing miserably.

Well, he like, all the other actors in this series are still new in the game, and he has many more episodes to go to buy the ticket. And win it. In the other hand, Bruce's actor (David Mazous) is showing the angst of tormented young man extremely well. It is as if he was made to take Bruce through totally another level, and to the deepness to the mystery of Great Detective, and how he really become be the Caped Crusader, before he turns to a Dark Knight.

So, I have to say, I like that the Fox listened the fans and decided to narrow the field to few characters, rather than using the whole roster of actors and splitting the story in so many ways. Like they did in the last season. In this one, Fox is trying to focus on Bruce, Gordon and the Villains, while the main characters from the last season has been mostly brutally slaughtered.

But this is DC's universe and it's known for the fact that not all dead, stay dead. Who knows what might happen, and where this madness leads as Gotham continues descending towards the gates of Hell as more and more super villains start to pop out all while GCPD and Arkham Asylum seeks new recruits.

Don't think there are many willing to take the role.

You could almost say that being a copper in this series is same as being a red shirt in the original Star Trek. Well, one thing is different, ST didn't had Jim Gordon helming the security department!

What did you think?

PS. I loved Aflred's and Lucious moment in the bar.

Yep. This is continuing on very nicely from season one. I can't help wondering if, and when, they will start to leave the batman lore behind and take things in an alternative direction. Just a thought. Might not happen. Yet I can't remember Barbara being a villain in the old lore. Wait and see. Oh, and Jerome is definitely the joker.

As I recall, Bruce was rather angry with Alfred, & fired him.
when Alfred smashed the computer in the late father's secret office, in order to keep Bruce from pursuing vengeance using its data
o_O In the very next episode it was confirmed that their relationship is court appointed guardian & minor, not employee & employer.

But he can still be fired from his butler role (which isn't a regular component of most guardianships).

Assuming a 14 year-old boy had hired him (which would require paperwork, etc.), I suppose he could fire him. But he very likely would stay on-site anyway, as guardian.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 7
ctg Gotham 2
Jesse412 Gotham 3