Gotham 2.01 - Damned If You Do

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Gotham-201-4-600x400.jpg

Holy smoking cow, I thought this was coming in October, but no it's here already. The episode started where last season left, with young Bruce finding the mysterious door. Typical to young boys and some older men, he didn't use his famous wits to crack the code, but instead tried to blow it to smithereens. It is almost as if producers are trying to suggest Batman is all about muscles and there's not even hint about the great detective. What I don't understand is why Alfred didn't suggests getting an industrial tool to cut through the door rather than setting explosives at foundation of Wayne's Manor?

Well, never mind, let's move on to Barbara's insane incarceration at Arkham Asylum. Typical to the comic universe, the bad guys broke from the facility in the very first episode. The producers didn't allow more time to develop this crucial piece to DC universe, and Gotham itself, but instead made proto-joker to escape with Barbara. Not only that but they also gambled with Joker's madness by making Barbara more maniac than he is. Does that mean Barbara influences Gotham's Joker in serious way?

Maybe, we see. What did you think?

The red-head guy (forget his name) who is broken out with Barbara is not The Joker. The Joker has no alias that has ever been given in the comics. The Joker is the nameless, bad comedian that was working at Fish Mooney's club.

Hmmm, dunno about that. I've not read the lore so I might be wrong but carrot top looks like a contender to me.

I missed the start of the show on Channel Five in the UK -- I noticed Episode Three had just ended when I found out :( -- and was initially dismayed to find that I couldn't get to see the show using that company's Demand 5 catch-up service. Luckily, that only applied to some TVs**, but not to my browser.

Anyway.... I thought it was a good opening to the show. It's hard to pinpoint anything in particular, but mostly because I watched the first three episodes (almost) one after the other (which says something about how good I thought it was).

** - They're claiming that there are rights restrictions that mean it can't be shown as a catch-up on Sony and Samsung TVs (for example).

I missed the start of the show on Channel Five in the UK -- I noticed Episode Three had just ended when I found out :( -- and was initially dismayed to find that I couldn't get to see the show using that company's Demand 5 catch-up service. Luckily, that only applied to some TVs**, but not to my browser.

You haven't missed anything. I gave up soon after it started.

I've now watched the four episodes transmitted so far on Channel Five and -- no spoilers -- I've enjoyed them all. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 5
ctg Gotham 2
Jesse412 Gotham 3