Matrix: Neo wasn't 'the One'?

I had so many arguments as to why NEO was the one. Maybe, the real truth is not that there was "the One," but that there was "the Two." You could not have either without the other, that was also said in the movie.

It's a 15 minute video that takes a minute to get started - but it lays out a susprising theory about the Matrix trilogy.

Neo wasn't 'the One'. Agent Smith was.

IMO definitely worth hearing the argument:

Last edited:

steelyglint

Ancient leather-bound bookseller, all edges gilt.
It'll turn out t'ave been 'is third son. 'T'allus does. 'T'appened in t'Dune tackle - Chapter'ouse, I think; I remember it well, aye. Little bugger got 'issel wrapped up in young worms an' went stompin' aroun't desert, 'e did. Them there ones you think are t' ones are never t' one as ends up bein' t' right one. Sneaky like that, these writin' folks are.

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
Fascinating. I didn't think it possible, but now I feel inspired to watch all three again, to see if any of this makes sense while viewing. (LOVE the first film...not so much the others.)

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
It's a 15 minute video that takes a minute to get started - but it lays out a susprising theory about the Matrix trilogy.

I had this same theory for years, but I never bothered to put it in a YT video.

j.k.m

deeper and deeper. love it, love the movie.

Great thing about movies like the Matrix is that you can continue to make interpretations beyond what the writers intended, and that makes the book, film, poem, or whatever a work of art to be enjoyed by generations to come.