Rereading Clark Ashton Smith

As a Teenager he wrote a full length adventure novel The Black Diamonds. As far as I know, its the only novel length story he ever wrote.:unsure:

The Planet of the Dead a very poignant tale a of an earth astronomer who finds a new bright star in the sky that he didn't previously notice and suddenly goes into a trance and finds he now a different person living on a world orbiting that star which is in the process of dying .

His two best friends were Robert E Howard and H P Lovecraft , they all used to corresponded by letters back and forth . As far as I can tell , none of them ever met one another face to face. :unsure:

Book that influenced Clark Ashton Smith's style off written and story tell is Vathek by William Beckford written in 1786. Smith also translated and expanded upon chapter that was not include in the Vathek The Third Episode of Vathek : The Story of the Princess Zulkais and the Prince Kalilah. `

Those of you who have never read anything by Clark Ashton Smith , my advice, read him, otherwise you're going to miss out one the greatest fantasy writers of all time . His prose alone is worth the price of admission. :cool: