Preacher - Garth Ennis's incredible comic picked up by AMC

1. REBerg

REBerg Registered Alien

Genesis still worked after Jesse gave the Saint of Killers some of his soul. Herr Star asked Jesse why he didn't use he power against the thugs in the classroom, so he is also in the dark.
    When did Starr extract more or all of Jesse's soul, or did he recover Jesse's partial soul from the Saint? That might explain why Genesis no longer worked when the cowboy returned.

2. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

So you believe him and didn't think nothing about the whole setup? Starr lied about the blanks and probably the origin of those terrorists. So why not rest as well?

I don't know.

3. REBerg

REBerg Registered Alien

I think Star wanted to record Jesse using the power of Genesis to promote his rise as the new Messiah. He seemed honestly interested in finding out why that didn't happen.
    Maybe TSOK self-extracted Jesse's partial soul while imprisoned in the truck. Star might have acquired it after setting the killer cowboy free.
    The Saint must have been motivated. He didn't get his expected ticket to Heaven by getting soulful, but he did lose his Genesis immunity.
    I guess he should have read the possible side-effects on the bottle before making his decision.:D

ctg likes this.
  4. Judderman

Judderman The Iceman cometh

I haven't watched the last episode (13) yet but have found most of the story really poor this season. It started quite well but the Hell storyline is mostly boring nonsense. The end of the Saint of Killers story was developing well but finished with an awful anticlimax. Though season 1 ended quite weakly too. The strength of the series, other than being odd, is the 3 main actors and the characters they play. They make the series cool and fun. The far too frequent scenes without them such as with Herr whatshisface or set in Hell are generally poor. The search for God was getting dull too. Ruth Negga should probably leave this show behind after series 3 for her own good. If the main characters were roaming from place to place, meeting odd sorts on the way, it would probably me more fun. Well, hopefully the finale will be interesting.

ctg and Amelia Faulkner like this.
  5. ctg

ctg weaver of the unseen

Well, they sold this season as a road trip, but all they got was a show in New Orleans. They should have chased God over bible country and far beyond instead of getting stuck on a stage show. They also lost the funny element by killing off the angels and believing that Herr Starr was enough. But to be honest I don't know how to fix this as this series is full of weird. And speculative fiction. It breaks boundaries and norms.

Dave and Judderman like this.