Preacher - Garth Ennis's incredible comic picked up by AMC

I haven't read the comics, and just wanted to say that I followed the first episode with a little difficulty, but that I worked it all out. I think sticking a broken bottle in the pilot's heart, then tipping out the blood and drinking it, might have been a large clue near the start. There were a lot of characters, but by the second episode I am up to speed, except that I didn't get the two Angels. I thought they worked for the government like they said they did, but I did wonder why they weren't dead after the chainsaw incident. I think it has great potential.

I haven't read the comics, and just wanted to say that I followed the first episode with a little difficulty, but that I worked it all out. I think sticking a broken bottle in the pilot's heart, then tipping out the blood and drinking it, might have been a large clue near the start. There were a lot of characters, but by the second episode I am up to speed, except that I didn't get the two Angels. I thought they worked for the government like they said they did, but I did wonder why they weren't dead after the chainsaw incident. I think it has great potential.
The violence is a little over the top, but the humor makes it worthwhile.

AMC hasn't cancelled this. I believe it has huge following, even if it's not showing up at the moment with people. Turn got three seasons, and this is better than Turn.
I only gave Turn one season. Just couldn't develop any warm fuzzies for the main characters. A strong hatred for the evil, horse-poisoning British officer was all that held me for the first season.

I had recorded the second season opener and started watching it. When I realized it was a 2-hour investment, I decided to bail and cut the series from my recording list.
Turn was unusually unappealing for an AMC offering. It must have found enough viewers to go three seasons. Maybe history buffs?

Turn was unusually unappealing for an AMC offering. It must have found enough viewers to go three seasons. Maybe history buffs?

If you look it from a point of spying then it becomes quite interesting and that is the reason of why I have been watching it. The story tells the history of secret service, and the beginning of US intelligence establishment from a point of view of when it actually happened. And who was behind it. So, personally to me, it's been an intriguing and brutal tale.

1.04 Monster Swamp
"Well, what'd you expect? It's Chinatown." :ROFLMAO:
I liked the flashbacks of Jesse's tortured childhood. It explained how he got a little warped.
Answer the phone!

I feel AMC failed to explain really what is going on with the Western beginning. People who haven't read the comics aren't going to understand that they saw Preacher's antagonist - the Saint of Killers. But to me, personally, it was great to see that particular villain appearing on the small screen.

What really surprises me is that Preacher's little town is full of sinners. It is almost as if there's anybody whose good, as even the preacher has somewhat murky past. Even Arseface has a sin that would send him directly in hell burdening his shoulders.

What will happen in the end? Does people start to see that Jesse has an extraordinary power living inside him?

S01EO6 - The fight shown through the hole in the wall has to have been one of the best things I have seen in a long time....

and Arseface... whoops.

The fight shown through the hole in the wall

It was as epic as the explanation they gave to Jesse in the restaurant. You could see from his face that he was never going to give it up. Especially after he learned what it really was. What I don't understand is why he didn't use it against said thing?

I thought that too, he'd used it with great success once, so why not try it again?

And it was interesting to see him use his power to do something other than give suggestions.

Just watched episode 3 and loving it. It is my new favourite tv show. The scene with the old west at the start of episode 2? Is that of some significance. I loved the atmosphere and music in that opening. It had the makings of a show on its own.

The scene with the old west at the start of episode 2? Is that of some significance. I loved the atmosphere and music in that opening. It had the makings of a show on its own.
There is more in episode 6. People who have read the comics can probably spoil and tell us, and I don't want that, but to the uninitiated it is rather confusing.