New Story in 9 Terrors

ratsy

Hello everyone,

I have a short story in the upcoming 9 Terrors e-book, a version of the 9 Tales Told in the Dark series.

It is available for pre-sale, but isn't out until September 9th.

Amazon UK

Amazon US

I wrote this one over a year ago, and it's had a couple rounds of beta's/editing, which ultimately made it a much stronger story. Thanks amazing betas!

Well done. Another notch on the bedpost :D

I'll buy a copy when it comes out.:)

I've had a story accepted by them myself but haven't heard from them since so I've no idea when (if) that's coming out:confused:

Hello everyone. This is available today! Here is an excerpt

#

“There is one last gift for you, Elizabeth. I picked it out myself,” Henry said.

He led her to the other side of the room where the dollhouse stood. It was almost as tall as her and looked so real. She opened it up and saw all of the miniature furniture and figures inside it.

“Watch this.” Henry took one of the toys and wound it up. It walked silently across a bedroom floor in the dollhouse. When it reached a wall it turned around and did a jig. A real dance! It was the most wonderful thing she had ever seen.

“How does it do that?” she asked, almost in a whisper.

“Benjamin White, the world's best toymaker made it. Father told me to pick something for you so I commissioned this.”

“But...but it's too much.”

“No it's not. I wanted you to have something special before you get to old to remember what it's like to play.”

The guests all gathered and watched as the toys moved and danced in the wonderful dollhouse. Elizabeth noticed that one doll in the basement didn’t move at all, but didn’t pay it any mind.