Female sf authors!

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
I've had loads of interaction with blokes writing sf, but less with women. I'd love to do some interviews with some female sf (not fantasy authors) and wondered if anyone wanted to shout out for one?

This appeared in "Similar Threads" - are you still looking? If so, I shout out for Sarah Grey. She's on Flash Fiction Online and Lightspeed if you have trouble finding her (there are at least two others with the same name).

This appeared in "Similar Threads" - are you still looking? If so, I shout out for Sarah Grey. She's on Flash Fiction Online and Lightspeed if you have trouble finding her (there are at least two others with the same name).
Sadly this died a death - very few ever responded to the questions :(

"How to suppress women's posting." It's the patriarchal pixels keeping the women down. ;)

So have you completely given up on the project? And, if not, are you looking for a single author I personally (as the third man on this thread about promoting women) want you to interview or are you're looking for folks to interview you may not know about? Maybe if you try again (possibly with different people) you'll have better luck this time. And, on the original prospects, are you sure they saw it and refused or just neglected to respond or did your mails possibly get caught in spam filters or otherwise lost? Or maybe you just didn't bug them with enough reminders to reply? :)

Kit Reed is still around -- she has an interesting experience in that she got published right off the slush pile back in the 50s and never thought of herself as a "woman author." She can be found on Facebook and Twitter.

Sorry Jo didn't see this one first time around. I've read loads of female SF authors. Apart from the obvious well known ones - Le Guin, McCaffery*, Bujold, Moon, Cherryh, Butler*, Norton*, Asaro, Kress, Tepper* - here's a few slightly lesser known ones I've read:

Justina Robson
E J Swift
Tanya Huff (maybe should be in the well known list, I'm not sure)
Jennifer Foehner Wells (I found her work very meh!)
Jo Zebedee :D

* Now dead so not much use for interviews!!!

I'm a female (and yes, I'm sure :p) writing SF, but I have a male/gender neutral pen name so don't go around talking about being a female writing SF. I'm not really hiding it, so much as just not being all that out about it.

I think it's great that more women are writing SF, and being up front about it, but I made a decision to hold back and at this point see no reason to change that. Maybe once I'm selling really good, that will change.

I'm a female (and yes, I'm sure :p) writing SF, but I have a male/gender neutral pen name so don't go around talking about being a female writing SF. I'm not really hiding it, so much as just not being all that out about it.

I think it's great that more women are writing SF, and being up front about it, but I made a decision to hold back and at this point see no reason to change that. Maybe once I'm selling really good, that will change.

I don't blame you - and most female sf writers I know don't advertise it. I don't hide that I'm a woman (but I did change to Jo rather than Joanne) and don't intend to. I intend to fight for this genre to be anyone's, including my daughters' should they so desire and to hell with the naysayers:

If you want an interview pm me and we'll set it up :)