What else do people out in SFF-land enjoy watching

Someone must have mentioned The Expanse, the best space opera I have ever seen on TV.

I did like the first seasons of Mr Robot and Fargo. Fargo was a real surprise.
I have like , in part, Man in a High Castle.

Man I don't watch CNN, FOX or MSMBC because I remember when TV news used to cover events!
Gad the round the table talking heads is industrial strength ennui !!!!!! Gad!

Evening news usually on NBC, Jeopardy, NCIS, Elementary, and Antiques Roadshow. Blasts from the past are Combat and Star Trek (tos).

When I first flew my parent's nest I lived a girl who ONLY watched soaps, reality TV, talent shows and make over shows. That was the most depressing year of my life.
I'm amazed you got through it unscathed!

Matteo, watching so few things on the BBC led me to accidentally missed the first one and a half episodes of Dynasties (tonight, 8pm). Mind you, the first was on chimps, so I wasn't too fussed about that...
The chimp one was good actually - interesting that they concentrated on one group (whoop?) and quite a story with David (the leader). The penguin one was excellent, surprising (the infant stealing), and dramatic. Not watched last night's yet.

I appreciate your concern Parson, but both myself and my ex are fine. Being civilised people we avoided doing any damage to one another :)

After this week it seems like they are going to make god a computer like The Machine from person of Interest.

I didn't catch that, and it is on a week of hiatus so we'll need a week to see what they are up to.

I watch a lot of news, CNN, MSNBC. CBSN, and even a wee bit of (shudder) Fox News.

Also watch NCIS, God Friended Me, Magnum PI, The Big Bang Theory, and lots of older shows. Also often binge on movies (Netflix, HBO, CBSAA, BBC-America), mostly horror flicks. ;)

Oh, and until today, I watched Criminal Minds.

I LOVE Forged in Fire, old MvF is normally good for a few giggles too. Regrettably, a lot of the series I like seem to get canned <sob> - a good example of this was Impastor, which I loved

My wife and I usually watch TV together during dinner and afterwards. During dinner we prefer watching the cooking competition shows. Our favorite is Top Chef but we also enjoy Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen and others. We just started watching a new (to us) show The Globe which has been a lot of fun. We'll occasionally watch Chopped as well.

We also like some of the dramatic reality shows such as Below Deck, Shahs of Sunset, Family Karma and some other shows like that.

We really love fashion shows such as Project Runway and Making The Cut. Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn make almost any show they're on worth watching. We've also enjoyed some of the makeup shows such as Glow Up and others.

We really like situation comedy shows, but most of our favorites have ended their runs. Mom was the last one we really loved.

I don't really watch any science fiction television most of the time but we did love Good Omens when it was on.

We're generally not big on drama shows and I generally can't stand anything about vampires, zombies, horror or swords and sorcery shows.

One thing that I'll watch without my wife is Nova. Although she enjoys some Nova episodes she generally is only interested if she's fascinated about the subject. However I like watching them even if I'm not drawn to the subject because I like to learn more.

I just finished watching El Cid. Generally, I don't watch much on the tube at all. I do watch the news semi-regularly, my fan boy teams in football and basketball as well as a few historical movies (see above), a few documentaries and some other sports in the non-S.F. category.

Non-speculative:
Trailer Park Boys (Canada)
The Office (U.S.)
Parks and Recreation
Man Seeking Woman (romantic comedy, surreal/magic realism)
Atypical (drama about an autistic boy)
Pen15 (comedy based on creators' teen lives; they play their younger selves)

Speculative:
The Twilight Zone (1959): fantasy, sci-fi, horror
Black Mirror: sci-fi, dystopian, thriller, black comedy
The Good Place: Bangsian fantasy, comedy
Firefly: space Western
Gotham: superhero-ish, sci-fi
The Umbrella Academy: superhero, sci-fi, fantasy, black humor
Angel: dark fantasy/horror, drama
Black Summer: horror, apocalyptic, drama

Last edited:

Back