Harry Turtledove

Twistedlemon

The American
I bumped into my bookcase the other day and a book fell. I picked it up and dusted off the cover. It was The Valley-Westside War by Harry Turtledove. I was stuck in a rut of writer's block and decided to skim through and see if it would jog my writing. Thirty pages later I realized why I was enamored by science fiction writing in the first place. I loved his Cross Traffic series that depicted realistic cultural take into alternative timeline traveling in places where the Germans won the war, the Romans invented gunpowder and even one where the Russians won the cold war. I'm not going to talk much longer but I was wondering if anyone was affected by his wonderful imagination.

Yes, count me as an affected person of interest.
Mr. Hairy Turtle did a little interview recently over at that site that can't be named.

I read the first book of his Great War trilogy and liked it well enough to get into the second, but never finished it. I also read his Conan pastiche, but only because I'm addicted to Conan.

I like his work, very interesting and engrossing reading, but if you're forgive me I find some of his work too 'America is the best at everything, ever.'

I didn't really get on with American Front series, which is a shame.

Yes, but I'm more Videssos cycle, Agent of Byzantium, The case of the toxic spell dump, the 'Darkness' series, even the lizards Worldwar… not so much American (even 'another flesh').

I read the last book in the world War series before I realized half way through it was a series.

Just finished the return engagement series...,I wonder if he'll explore the pacific side of the equation ie empire of Japan/sandwich islands problem..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently enjoyed reading his Worldwar quartet, in this Earth is invaded in the summer of 1942 when WW2 is at it's height.
The aliens are expecting a low level of technology and are therefore taken by surprise.
Now a must get around to reading it's sequel "Colonization" which takes place about 30 years later.

I read most of his Worldwar series and loved them. I've not read anything of his outside of that series, though.