Series 9 Trailer

Looks dark. Can't wait. I wonder who Maisie Williams will be. I initially thought The Doctor's granddaughter but I don't think they will go back to having her around.

Watching the teasers and feeling really hype for Capaldi being more of a Doctor I expected from him in the first place, but then seeing Clara and feeling really bummed out. Maybe I should be glad that at least Danny Pink is no more though I feel I only dislike Danny Pink because of Clara. Or maybe I should just hope that Clara-drama won't be prevalent in this season.

Seconded on the thank the deities that Danny Pink is gone!

Exactly where did the massive hatred and anger at "officers" come from? He wasn't a conscript he was a willing volunteer in a professional army and it was his own actions and behaviour, running out of control that caused him to murder a child, no Officer's fault.

Seconded on the thank the deities that Danny Pink is gone!

Exactly where did the massive hatred and anger at "officers" come from? He wasn't a conscript he was a willing volunteer in a professional army and it was his own actions and behaviour, running out of control that caused him to murder a child, no Officer's fault.

Yes, the same feelings I had when it was all explained. I thought there'd be something about him having to join the army for some reason or having a douchy officer forcing them to do unsavoury things or covering something up or something, but it came down to nothing. I have a feeling they wanted the entire Danny Pink persona in regards to the Doctor to be a sorta driving, questioning factor, but it just came off as douchy, jealous boyfriend behaviour because Claradrama was revolving around her picking between Danny and the Doctor.

In a way, this first season with Capaldi's Doctor was about Doctor finding himself anew. He got a whole new regeneration cycle and Smith's Doctor in the end seemed at peace with dying before the Time Lord intervention so it was no wonder that he was lost and unsure of who he was. So Danny's attacks in that regard made sense. But, that particular plotline was kinda pushed into background far too much only to rise to prominence in the specials and Claradrama took up so much time and energy and it was boring and I hated it and I just wanted it to stop and make Clara go away. It was such a waste of a very good and interesting premise that focused on the new Doctor in his first run. I think that it could have made for a much better, enjoyable, and compelling main storythread of the season because it connects so well with the search for Gallifrey and in turn, had that been the focus and with some slight modifications of Danny's backstory, it would have also made Danny a much more bearable character because he wouldn't be this douchy, jealous boyfriend. It would have also helped Clara if she was more focused on helping the Doctor come to terms instead of having this stupid romantic subplot that was all her character revolved around. It was as if she just became the second coming of Amy Pond where Rory wasn't likeable at all.

No companion should ever upstage the Doctor. I believe, and I may have been hallucinating, that the opening credits of one episode last season even gave Jenna Coleman top billing over Peter Capaldi.

I've had difficulty warming to the new Doctor. Looks like, in these two trailers at least, that Capaldi's Doctor has "found himself" a more defined personality. Maybe that will make the difference for me.

No companion should ever upstage the Doctor. I believe, and I may have been hallucinating, that the opening credits of one episode last season even gave Jenna Coleman top billing over Peter Capaldi.

I've had difficulty warming to the new Doctor. Looks like, in these two trailers at least, that Capaldi's Doctor has "found himself" a more defined personality. Maybe that will make the difference for me.

You weren't hallucinating. It really happened. In season finale no less.

He had a good character arc planned, but it was simply overshadowed by other reoccurring threads of the plot and thus suffered a lot and was left undefined.

Whew! That's a relief. After an hour or two of inhaling Cheeto dust, it's hard to tell what's real.:)

Hahaha Yes. Well, it would be a bigger relief if it hadn't happened. It just goes to show that the entire season had messed up priorities.

Very cute. A reminder that Doctor Who began as a children's show. Maybe that's why I'm such a fan. It appeals to my inner 6-year-old.
Much to my surprise, my 7-year-old grandson now wants to watch Doctor Who. He even knows what a Dalek is.
He came to the right Grandpa. Between Netflix and my own disc collection, I can provide all the Doctor he can handle.

So, Clara is a "yes" for series 9 but a "no" for series 10. At least we will be spared another round of the will-she-or-won't-she game
Wouldn't it be fun if Peter Capaldi's Doctor had another encounter with Queen Victoria as played by Jenna Coleman? My question is: Will Jenna's Queen Victoria be the founder of the Torchwood Institute in the coming drama? That is historically accurate, isn't it?;)