Inish Carraig - free short story

I really miss the prologue - when you first posted it for Critique is had a big impression on me, not least the sense of the world on fire that you created.

What's more, although it introduces John, even better is that it not only reveals Zelotyr, but also that this is a complex species - both in terms of social structure, and also by the fact that the juveniles are reproached by the older ones.

Glad you have at least put it up on your site as a freebie. :)

However, if I ever become a gazillionaire, I'll buy up the film rights and put the prologue back in. :D

I really miss the prologue - when you first posted it for Critique is had a big impression on me, not least the sense of the world on fire that you created.

What's more, although it introduces John, even better is that it not only reveals Zelotyr, but also that this is a complex species - both in terms of social structure, and also by the fact that the juveniles are reproached by the older ones.

Glad you have at least put it up on your site as a freebie. :)

However, if I ever become a gazillionaire, I'll buy up the film rights and put the prologue back in. :D

Become a gazillionaire! Quickly!

Anyhow - watch this space. Inish Carraig is going into a collection later this year and for that I'll be writing a short to accompany it and plan to write it about the actual invasion day (just got a tiny edit of book 3 of Abendau to get out of the way first...). I'm really looking forward to it and think it should be great fun. :)

I have a confession I am struggling with the first Abendau book, I will go back to it eventually but so far it hasn't drawn me in yet.

Now Inesh Carraig has completely blown me away, from the first paragraph I was hooked

I have a confession I am struggling with the first Abendau book, I will go back to it eventually but so far it hasn't drawn me in yet.

Now Inesh Carraig has completely blown me away, from the first paragraph I was hooked
Heh - I'm having exactly the same conversation on another forum. :) Heir is, I think, harder to get into BUT I think the trilogy, as a whole, is at least as strong as IC with Legacy the strongest of my books to date.

But Inish is the most fun :D

I'm loving it. I haven't got that far into Heir but I feel there is something missing maybe a chapter with a little more background on how twins ended up with their father. Sorry Jo.
Don't worry :) I'm not offended or upset or annoyed - everyone has different tastes and some people love Abendau and not Inish - and vice Versa! :) I'm glad Inish is working its magic. ;)

Nixie, it is a really strong story, and for a fantasy fan like yourself, I think you would end up really liking it. As I devoured book three on Saturday, it really made me realise this would have made just as good of a fantasy series. I honestly could picture it as such, and really appreciated that about it.

Book one was a little jarring with the intro, and the quick ffwd to Kare being older, but once you get past that, you are home free. Book two was actually my favorite, oddly enough. Not often a book two is my fav or a series.

Anyway, just me rambling to say I think you would really like it once you get going.