Beautiful Intelligence

To be honest, when I read Beautiful Intelligence, I never really noticed any character weakness (female or otherwise). I was too engrossed to notice.

P.S. Thought the ending was excellent but now looking forward to reading the follow-up novella:)

I have been known for, and criticised for, my ambiguous/uncertain endings. It is a bit of a fault, and I am trying to change (a little)...

Personally, I do like novels where the reader has to do a lot of the work - Gene Wolfe's, for instance. That concept translates a little into my own work, with a few ambiguous endings - Urbis Morpheos, but also Hallucinating and Beautiful Intelligence. No Grave For A Fox is its own story, but it does make Kid Indigo's status clearer. My hope was that people would be interested in the fundamental question of the novel, which is, are any of the bis conscious? That question most obviously applies to Indigo of course...

Interesting.

I'm looking in the mirror and thinking I always seem to be busy but am I a dreamer?

You can be a mix of both! Most people of course will be. I find myself though increasingly interested in people with a real drive to understand complexity, which is one reason this Guardian article about Yuval Noah Harari was fascinating. My feeling is that a surfeit of technology is having a strongly pro-passivity effect, like some drugs.

I might as well "announce" this here - I've put together a brand new near-future AI novel that I plan to write over the summer. It's not set in the BI/NGFAF world, but it is similar. It's called The Autist. It deals with characters working in a big data/Artificial General Intelligence world.