Looking For Two Book Titles

gtshadow

I read the first book somewhere between 1983-1986. The only part of the book that I remember clearly is the main character was taught Aikido. It seems it was possibly set in a future dystopian society. Not much to go on, but maybe someone knows.

The second book was read probably in the late 80's or early 90's. It was a time travel book with a pretty unique method of time travel. I don't remember clearly, but I am assuming the main character was a scientist and either was injected by someone or injected himself with something that allowed him to travel back through his blood relatives lives. The "serum" possibly had something to do with DNA. In doing searches for this I found another book that sounds like it uses a similar method of time travel called 'Otherhood', but this is not the book I am looking for. The only other thing I think I remember, is that the time travel went back to the Roman era?? Not sure about that, but maybe.

Anyone know these books? Thanks!

The second book was read probably in the late 80's or early 90's. It was a time travel book with a pretty unique method of time travel. I don't remember clearly, but I am assuming the main character was a scientist and either was injected by someone or injected himself with something that allowed him to travel back through his blood relatives lives.

The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier uses a drug as a means of time travel, but I can't remember many other details.

allowed him to travel back through his blood relatives lives.
It does sound like The house on the Strand.
He really though is only experiencing memories of his ancestors I think... So not exactly Time Travel, a clever way round the paradox issues. A couple of years since I read it.
Daphne du Maurier is often odd. Hard to decide if it's SF or supernatural. Quite good.
somewhere between 1983-1986. ... the main character was taught Aikido. ... possibly set in a future dystopian society.
If you can remember anything else.

I read the first book somewhere between 1983-1986. The only part of the book that I remember clearly is the main character was taught Aikido. It seems it was possibly set in a future dystopian society. Not much to go on, but maybe someone knows.

Not much information to go on, but perhaps it is Anvil of the Heart by Bruce T. Holmes.

Memories by Mike McQuay uses a drug to go back in time (by inhabiting people in the past) but I think it focuses on Napolean, not the Romans.

Not much information to go on, but perhaps it is Anvil of the Heart by Bruce T. Holmes.

Memories by Mike McQuay uses a drug to go back in time (by inhabiting people in the past) but I think it focuses on Napolean, not the Romans.

WoW! You guys are awesome! Avil Of The Heart and Memories are the books I'm looking for! (y) It was Napolean instead of Romans. I've been racking my brains on and off for years trying to remember those! Those books were some of the first SF I read and helped get me hooked. Thanks for the help guys. I'm off to add these books to my collection once again. :D

Glad I could help.

(does little dance with that swinging arms in a little circle thing) - I got one!

Back