Falling Skies - Season Two

FireDragon-16

Chelsea
Watched the 2-hour premiere last night. Holy Crap!!! This season looks like it will be interesting, and you finally kind of learn what the aliens actually want.

Overall I was satisfied with the two part season opener. The silly flaws in logic and plot are still there, but if you watched the first season you certainly knew what you were getting into! LOL.

Trivia question. Did anyone catch the addition of a former Battlestar Galactica character in a minor appearance? And NO FAIR Googling it.

It was as good as most of the last season and up to the bar with the original V. The survivors are almost full grit, hatred and hope to get to live for another day. I still don't think there's going to be enough of people that would like me or anyone to make a forum for this series. And I'm afraid that this will be cancelled at the moment it becomes a great series.

Certainly lots going on right at the start of season two. Looking ahead, I don't see any scenario in which the resistance can prevail against the aliens on their own. I'm guessing there will likely be some involvement of an alien rebel component. The skitter with the red eye and remote control peeping device might play a role. Looks sinister now, but who knows?

It appears that everyone was so stunned by its excellence they are at a loss for words???

Tonight's episode held some surprises!

To avoid giving away any spoilers, highlight to read:

I think it was cool that we find out that there is some form of government still functioning and that there are possibly more people all around the world. What happened with Jimmy was pretty sad though, and Ben seems like he feels really bad about it. I think he was really shocked when that skitter knocked him out like that.

Then we saw the previews for next weeks episode...Oh. My. GOD!!! I hope nothing bad happens...

That red-eye is starting to bug me and I only suspect he's up to no good. I also would doubt the new destination even if it's a good plot device. Too bad that they cannot send a patrol there and see if the story was good.

did you saw season 2 episode 3?
come on... that woman found them in a piper plane & the aliens with their tech can't find them? :rolleyes:

It took me three times to get through the pilot. I just can't get into that show.

I like this show, & so far, have not started over analyzing it such that I begin to see its flaws. I watch the eps only every 2 to 3 weeks when my brother comes over for a visit, so I have only watched s1 & ep 1 & 2 of s2. I think that personal conflicts make for a good show, even if other things are lacking, though I would not say they lack here.

I too, like Pope; it seems I like many such characters who are contrary to the others: Eric Cartman, Bender, & such. :D Conflict among allies who face an overwhelming enemy adds to the tension. And all along, we have the boy who had one of those controller devices on him, whom we may suspect is still compromised, & will do something bad at a critical moment; add the History professor who just 'escaped' from the aliens, & more uncertainty results. I stink at remembering names. :D

Some are concerned with plot holes and seeming inconsistencies. Part of what's needed is good ol' "Willing Suspension Of Disbelief". In addition, I'm willing to allow the writers to have some secrets. How much fun would it be if we always knew what was going to happen?:rolleyes:

I'm interested in the role of "Red Eye". Villain or potential ally? The Uber Aliens have two legs. The Mechs have two legs. Skitters........ Well, could they be a rebellion waiting to happen?

I'll tag along for the duration.

Yes, I agree that the previous assumption that the SKITTERS were the invaders themselves was nicely vanquished by the unveiling of the bipedal aliens; & as you say, they may just be resentful of their apparent unwilling role in the conquest of Earth.

I do not recall RED EYE, though it will be a few weeks before I view #3.

Ah-ha! A skitter fifth column movement. Now it seems to be a question of getting the stubborn Earthlings to go along. C'mon guys. You know you want those cool ray guns.

Ah the bad guy rebellion. Could it be coincidence that the show has hired a bunch of the writers from the last Battlestar Galactica series. Yeah, gotta be a coincidence. lol.

I watched the first two seasons of this, and quite enjoyed them. It's not ground-breaking or genre-defining stuff, but it's still entertaining, and there are some good performances from the leads. I'll keep watching season three (it must start soon) with interest as the mysteries have been deepening...

And I thought there was a thread already - will have a look around for it, see if I can rustle it up.

Watched all of the Second Series now and excellent, every minute of it. I'm really glad now that I didn't give up after the first two episodes of Season 1. Season 3 is out in the US on the 9 June 2013 but no idea how long before I will get to see it here (and they still wonder why the can't shut down BitTorrent websites.)

Anyway, are spoilers for the final episode of Season 2 appropriate here now?

I'm going to assume not, but click away now if you don't wish to be spoiled

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The true purpose of the invader’s secret weapon was revealed in a throwaway line about pointing into space - the big twist of a mysterious new species of extraterrestrial arriving in the final few seconds - is it friend or foe? Well, my enemies enemies are generally considered to be my friends.

But nothing is known about his motivations and allegiances - could he spell doom or salvation for the human race?

As for Hal becoming an unwitting pawn in the alien’s battle with the human resistance, by getting the parasite introduced in the kiss from Karen - it seemed far too easy for them to swap the role of fifth columnist from Ben to Hal within the space of an episode. It also seems unlikely, given that all that has happened to her, that Karen still resents loosing Hal so much that she focuses on him in every plan she devises. Was she such a bunny boiler before she was harnessed?