Dark Matter

The Dark Matter season ended last Friday with episode 13. The Killjoys season will end this Friday with episode 10.
Dark Matter season 3 started June 9 with a double episode. Killjoys didn't get going until June 30.

The Dark Matter season ended last Friday with episode 13. The Killjoys season will end this Friday with episode 10.
Dark Matter season 3 started June 9 with a double episode. Killjoys didn't get going until June 30.

They were renewed at same time. I wonder why Killjoys got shorter season.

No worries. They will add it to their library now that the season is over on the main channels.

And as REBerg said before, there is room enough for season 4.;)

Oh no, that's terrible news! I'm pleased Killjoys was picked up but Dark Matter was pretty decent too.

S3 had a 6 % drop in the audience, so they decided to pull the plug on it. The producers didn't expect the cancellation, from waht we could see in the last episode.

S3 had a 6 % drop in the audience, so they decided to pull the plug on it. The producers didn't expect the cancellation, from waht we could see in the last episode.
That is a surprise.
I expected Dark Matter to be cancelled after the first season, which I thought had aspired toward mediocrity. The past two seasons have been much better.
I hope Syfy gives Mallozzi and Mullie a chance to wrap things up with a special or two, as they did with SG-1.

Maybe the producers had a package deal for back-to-back shows and finally dropped Dark Matter for an additional Killjoys season. I mean, I was more than happy to find out about S4, but didn't expect right away the announce for S5.
We really cannot compare the success of SG-1 with Dark Matter.

Last edited:
Maybe the producers had a package deal for back-to-back shows and finally dropped Dark Matter for an additional Killjoys season. I mean, I was more than happy to find out about S4, but didn't expect right away the announce for S5.
We really cannot compare the success of SG-1 with Dark Matter.
One can always hope, which, I've been told, springs eternal. ;)