Looking for beta readers

Yes, the title is a huge nod to a british sci-fi legend. However, the novel bears no resemblance whatsoever. Not a wobbly set in sight :alien:

I'm firmly in the camp that believes humanity's evolution lies firmly in our own hands from here on in. We have already started after all.

If you are still looking for beta readers, I would love to give it a read. wastelandrules at gmail dot com.

Not at the moment but thanks for offering, we have 9 people reading right now. If we need more I'll post up.

Getting feedback trickling in now (except VB who rather awesomely read Liberator in a day!). Though I think maybe Paul_S has dropped off the forum?

Thank you VB and Ursa for your feedback. We may ask a few extra things once we start collating everything. It will be interesting to compare purely readers with writer notes.

Thank you VB and Ursa for your feedback. We may ask a few extra things once we start collating everything. It will be interesting to compare purely readers with writer notes.

No probs, fire away when you need something.

In terms of this whole editing process, I just had a face-to-face with a beta reader (who always writes) on Sunday - I am looking at anywhere from a 20%-40% total re-write which probably means ditching 15-30 chapters and reformulating them from the ground up. Lots remains, but now I have been 'shown the light' and can see what was going wrong! Not only that I have come up with a whole bunch of changes that can only make the next draft ever stronger and more excellent! (So I feel energised to leap in and do this major surgery.)

Now I don't know what your conclusions on your feedback are, and if they are of the similar scale to mine, however I just wanted to say fellow writer to fellow writers that I am in exactly the same boat at the moment and can totally empathise :).

Agreed, whatever else comes back now, there is a lot of work to do. I don't think we will ditch chapters (well, maybe one) but there is much to be reworked. Also, subtle seems to go. May need to smash readers over the head with certain information.

By the way, do you like the cover? That will be used (possibly with alterations) if we sp.

I'm not much of a graphics art guru but it looks very professional and clean. The font lettering I find really good and I quite like sparse and strong look. Nice gun with lots of bits on it too. :) Although I'm not sure what that thing by his feet is, his man bag?

I presume that, for the series, you will have each of the major Liberator characters in various poses and lit up with different colours?

That is a helmet on the floor, but hard to see, may be got rid of. It's supposed to be JJ, is that what you assumed?
We will keep the style but the image will be something relevent. The working cover for Rift, book 2, is a city skyline with a major prominent building.
Darren does the graphics after much discusion and coffee.

Colours will most likely remain the same, as we like a unified feel. I am a fan of stark images ra her than busy artwork.

I'd be interested in reading it if you still need feedback? Maybe the next iteration if you've already got enough for this one? I can do copy/line editing too, if or when the time comes and the requirement is there.

If you are happy to be in the next set, I will be happy to have you along. We are just waiting for the last readers this time then start work again, so could be a while. We work fairly fast now, but it will be a fair amount of work.
We will need a copy edit too of course, but we can discuss that when the time comes. Thanks for the interest.

Colours will most likely remain the same, as we like a unified feel. I am a fan of stark images ra her than busy artwork.

oh, what I meant was that this cover was 'blue' so the next book might be all 'gold' rather than putting in multi-colour effects on the same page. Anyway, don't pay attention to what I say, I don't really look at covers...

Right I have to go and get ready...LonChron '15 is almost here...

If you are happy to be in the next set, I will be happy to have you along. We are just waiting for the last readers this time then start work again, so could be a while. We work fairly fast now, but it will be a fair amount of work.
We will need a copy edit too of course, but we can discuss that when the time comes. Thanks for the interest.

Sounds good, thanks!

Thanks Ursa, VB and Ray, just waiting on the non-writer betas now. Interesting to see different takes on it.
I'm assuming @Paul_S has quit chrons as no word from him. I will have to assume he has nicked the MS and run off to Mexico or something.

Thanks again for your time and help.