Can't wait to start reading

Alias Black

Aspiring Liar
Just got the book on my Kindle. The "dark space opera with a fantasy feel" really, really intrigued me. I'm working on a novel that's sci-fi written as fantasy, so I'm excited to see how you did yours and hopefully learn something from it. Also, the book launch seems to be off to a great start! Congratulations! :)

Just got the book on my Kindle. The "dark space opera with a fantasy feel" really, really intrigued me. I'm working on a novel that's sci-fi written as fantasy, so I'm excited to see how you did yours and hopefully learn something from it. Also, the book launch seems to be off to a great start! Congratulations! :)

Thank you so much, you've made my night! :) I hope you enjoy it, and I hope yours is going well (with Star Wars coming out space fantasy is going to be big for a year or two, I think - hope! - so you're hitting it at the right time!)

Got through the prologue last night, continuing where I left off right now. Loving it.

I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right - Star Wars will probably shake things up a bit. You might get a spike in sales again towards year end due to it. :)

Mine doesn't feature space though, or starships. :(

It takes place in an isolated human colony. They have our science but none of our history, so they are pretty much making our mistakes all over again, only this time with genetics and artificial intelligence. They story happens in the equivalent of earth's middle ages, kings, lords, and all that.

Anyway, enough about my silly premise. I'm going back to your book! :D

Got through the prologue last night, continuing where I left off right now. Loving it.

I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right - Star Wars will probably shake things up a bit. You might get a spike in sales again towards year end due to it. :)

Mine doesn't feature space though, or starships. :(

It takes place in an isolated human colony. They have our science but none of our history, so they are pretty much making our mistakes all over again, only this time with genetics and artificial intelligence. They story happens in the equivalent of earth's middle ages, kings, lords, and all that.

Anyway, enough about my silly premise. I'm going back to your book! :D

That sounds cool. With stories-that-fall-in-the-middle, marketing is hard and you need to jump one way or other, and reference the other. So mine has the space setting and feel of science fiction, but the character arcs (the chosen one, great evil antagonist etc) of fantasy, and little focus on tech, and
I jumped for sci fi as the dominant influence. For yours, it sounds like fantasy with sci fi elements.

I see on your other thread you aren't a huge reader, so I'll mention Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan books. They take place on a cut-off planet that developed a sort of regency-like society, complete with futuristic technology. Very different from what you're showing, and very sci fi but might be interesting to see how she blends older world etiquette with the future? (And a great, fun read.)

Also, keep an eye on Crossed Genres, the publisher, they do interesting mashed things from time to time.

(And I'm glad you're enjoying AH so far. :))

Thanks for the information! I'll definitely check those out after AH!

Right now I'm literally unable to put down the book. The twins endear you to them within a page, and I'm very invested in finding out what happens to them. Please let them prevail.