What Would Your Favorite Fictional Character(s) Think Of You as Person?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
If they were were real of course, what would they think of you and your way of looking at things and would they make of your life ? What kind of a person would they see if they met you face to face and got to know you ? Do you think they would like you as a person or dislike you and why?

Thoughts? :)

Last edited:
Roberton, Masterharper of Pern: What would he think of me and the way I look at things? I think he'd be proud of everything he's taught me. Would he like me as person? Yes, I think we would get on famously. What would he make of my life? Well, I think he would understand my mistakes, and be as proud of me as a father for working my way through them. I think the only thing that would have him sigh in regret (and I doubt it would get further than a sigh, and never one I would hear) is that I'm not doing much with my singing voice now. I sing when I can, and for now, that has to be enough (for both of us.).

Rohan, High Prince: What would he think of me and the way I look at things? I think he would be intrigued by my thoughts, the processes which I use to come by them would make sense to him, but I think my conclusions would intrigue him. Would he like me as person? More than likely yes. More importantly, I think he would respect me. He's the type of person whose respect is worth earning, so I'd be more concerned with that than if he liked me. What would he make of my life? That's a harder question. The individual facts might puzzel or be thought bizarre, but the human essence of it would ring true to him; which would have him reexamining his own life and aspirations. I think he would need my belief in humanity as much as I have needed his, and this would ether cement our friendship or tear us apart as human beings. Being a pare of awakened idealists, I'm betting on friendship.

I love this line of questioning! It's something I often think about, not just for my favorite characters, but for all the characters that I come across. How would they view my life; if I were in their reality, or if they were in mine. What advice would they give me? Could I trust it?
What advice do I then give myself?
Moving forward from here, do I alter my steps? Or pursue them with more confidence?
On what terms would I meet with this character; in their world, or mine? What would we talk about? Agree or disagree about -and why? How would the meeting conclude? Would they want to see me again?
Would knowing me change them? How? Why?
How does knowing them change me?

All of my favorite characters are ones whom I feel I would develop a close friendship with. Characters who, I feel, would want to hang out with me as much as I want to hang out with them. So when I settle in for a reread, its more like going over to a friends for a chat.

What kind of of person would they see when they look at you and got to know you? The person that I see when I look in the mirror.

They would think of me as the puppet-master of their life... so they'd probably give me a slap. :eek:

Philip Lynx would probably be unimpressed with how little I'd achieved in 46 years and how few times I'd saved the galaxy.
Elijah Baley would be slightly impressed with my willingness to wander about outside.
Rick Deckard would probably think I wasn't human when I inadvertently failed his Voight-Kampf test and would try to shoot me.
Jason diAlt would think I was a wimp, and he would probably be right.
Paul Atreides would find my lack of faith or religious fervor disturbing and suggest I find my own sandworm.
Gollum would be forever grateful to me for diverting his attention from jewelry following my introduction to the pleasures of a nice cup of tea.
Brad Crater and I would get on famously though, as I think we view the world very similarly.

Paul Atreides would have Chani collect my water for the tribe.
Gandalf would curse me for meddling in the subtle affairs of wizards.
Ellen Ripley would use my corpse as a shield.
Slippery Jim DiGriz would pick my pocket and steal my lunch money.
Ford Prefect would be cross with me for losing my towel and leave me on Earth.
Conan would take no notice of me at all.
Bertie Wooster and I would be bestest pals.

Lady Galadriel , what would she see? Someone who is given to being moody and pessimistic and uncertain.

Last edited:
Conan The Barbarian would think me soft and weak.

All of them -- every single one -- would think I'm lazy. None of them spend as much time on the couch as I do!

I don't think Havelock Vetinari would form much of an opinion of me, he'd just slightly raise one ironic eyebrow and assassins would then be vying amongst themselves to inhume me

Arthur Dent? I'm not sure he would think much of me at all. I mean, I suppose it'd depend on how we meet up. Have I been beamed aboard the Heart of Gold in some extreme burst of improbability? Maybe he'd be glad to see another human. Or did I stumble into a pub near his house before everything went down? If that's the case, he'd probably ignore the American tourist and his husband much like the rest of the locals.

The Doctor? Again, how would we meet? Am I caught up in some whimsical yet deadly caper with a sci-fi twist that requires the good Doctor's intervention? Well, he'd see me like he sees all humans who aren't main characters - pieces in a puzzle that he has to fit together to solve the thing. Or am I his first gay male companion? Well, that's a different matter. First of all, I'd ask him to find me Captain Jack so I can ahem. Then we'd have to see.

Amelie Poulain? I think we'd end up going on some wonderfully whimsical adventure to fix someone's life in a glorious Technicolor vision of Paris, and we'd be the best of friends.

Harris K. Telemacher (meteorologist from the movie LA Story, portrayed by Steve Martin)? Hmm. Well, I'm going to assume in the scenario in which we meet that I didn't decide not to go to school for meteorology, and that we probably meet up at a convention or something. He seems kind of uptight though, so I'm not sure we'd have much to talk about.

Cthulhu would find me annoying until he picked me out of his teeth. If he has teeth. If not, he'd think I was dinner morsel 9,034,451.

Randy M.

Cthulhu would find me annoying until he picked me out of his teeth. If he has teeth. If not, he'd think I was dinner morsel 9,034,451.

Randy M.

Cthulhu is your favorite fictional character? :unsure:

:eek:

Baylor slowly backs away from Randy M. and hopes slumbering Cthulhu won't suddenly wake up and snack on him as well.

Been rereading old favorites lately.
Rohan and Collan would both be shocked (and hopefully slightly flattered) to find out they helped form my "male ideal" though I prefer my RL versions to come tattooed and bearded and they both prefer to be unmarked and clean shaven.

Sarah and Sionoed would both laugh fondly that I took them as models for how to capture the attention of said ideal male. Then kindly remind me that they did nothing more or less than be their obnoxious human selves to deserve the men they're authors inflicted them with, while their eyes sparkled merrily hiding any tricks they may or may not have pulled on said authors. Meanwhile I know now it had more to do with the openly idealistic love in their souls that won them the devotion of contents, and the envy of less enlightened connivers.